2021 County Senior Football Championship

The old dog for the hard road--Shields cameo effectively won that game
His introduction settled them and he set up the winning goal. Barrs deserved it. Much better side I felt but retreated into their shell for the third quarter.

And they won it without Sherlock or McCrickard really doing much overall compared to what they can do. Congrats to them!

Maby there isn't such a big gap between Cork and Kerry football after all?
I know 'twas only club but with good management ( Like the Barrs) there's no reason why Cork can't
compete with the bookies favourite.
PP had them 4/7 today against Barrs 15/8. I know a few smart punters who availed of his generosity.

Maby there isn't such a big gap between Cork and Kerry football after all?
I know 'twas only club but with good management ( Like the Barrs) there's no reason why Cork can't
compete with the bookies favourite.
PP had them 4/7 today against Barrs 15/8. I know a few smart punters who availed of his generosity.
Stop right there before you go further.

Stacks don’t resemble anything like a Kerry team. They were actually the first Kerry club in ages to win their senior county without a Kerry panellist at the time of winning it. It’s quite strange they won it out but Kerry and Cork are poles apart at the moment despite that result today.

It was actually a really poor standard game, not that Barrs should care and rightly so.

Stacks don’t resemble anything like a Kerry team. They were actually the first Kerry club in ages to win their senior county without a Kerry panellist at the time of winning it. It’s quite strange they won it out but Kerry and Cork are poles apart at the moment despite that result today.

It was actually a really poor standard game, not that Barrs should care and rightly so.
Incorrect corner back , keeper and Horan the Midfielder are on Panel

It wasn’t a poor game ffs, I know your tinted negative shabby but compared to any of the club football on recently it was a good game, have a quick look at the nonsense being played up north or I refer you back to the Dublin county final as poor football. Stacks were average but somehow they won in Kerry…….cork and Kerry are close at every level except at senior intercounty and that is clearly due to managment and in cork we have had some abysmal management and coaching of the senior county team for the last 10 years but it will take a while to rectify

I hope you are wrong about that Shabby and there are a number of Stacks players in training with Kerry and I'm told one or two are definite starters, in the league anyway.
In a former life I'd agree totally with your statement but times they are a changing and apart from Clifford there are no superstars on the present Kerry team Meehan did a number on him too, last year and will have no fear of him.
The mentality that Kerry are unbeatable and in a different league to us was right one time. I doubt if it's the mentality of our present team and even more so our management.?
We shall see, but well done St.Finbarrs.
The Stacks have a fairly hefty hotel bill to pay this evening as they stayed in Thurles overnight to be sure, to be sure.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Cork City Organ Group

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼