2021 County Senior Football Championship

It's not an anomaly, the rule has worked like this for ages and was intentionally designed as such.

And given that Kilcoo had a kickable free prior to the sending off which was then waved off, it's difficult to characterise the barrs as victims of the rules here.
Get one thing straight, the Barrs are not playing the victims here

no victims been played if we were to lose last Saturday you could not lose to a better county the lads from down as we say are as sound as a pound but the rule has to change as it is now wrong and with no replays this will come up again and again
Leinster club semi final Naas had a player sent of during normal time Shemaliers had a player black carded a minute before the end of the game.In extra time Naas had an extra man for the 1st 9 minutes because of this ruling.

The black card rule makes zero sense really, it should be the same as the red.

Or, you could change it to enforce red and black into ET (which I wouldn't agree with) but it would at least be consistent then. If a player is going to be sent off with a black the team are better off to escalate the foul into a red and get the man back.

Got an email saying the Barrs were filthy on Saturday from a good Gaa man i know from in Dublin.
I thanked him and told him that he must be the 1st man to call a cork football team filthy in the last 10 years at least..

Get over it. Kilcoo
It's not an anomaly, the rule has worked like this for ages and was intentionally designed as such.

And given that Kilcoo had a kickable free prior to the sending off which was then waved off, it's difficult to characterise the barrs as victims of the rules here.
It’s in their nature to play the victim.

You won’t hear any mention of the dodgy decisions in the county final or the favourable refereeing performance they received against Kilcoo.

Sorry but it’s 100% an anomaly particularly when more games are going to ET to minimise replays. It might have worked well “for ages” but times have changed and that’s precisely the problem- that rule is completely out dated.

It’s nothing to do with the Barrs - it was just highlighted in that game again.

Got an email saying the Barrs were filthy on Saturday from a good Gaa man i know from in Dublin.
I thanked him and told him that he must be the 1st man to call a cork football team filthy in the last 10 years at least..
Not filthy, just aggressive and in their faces, as it should be

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼