2013 all-Ireland finals

Kilkenny v Tipp

Kerry v Mayo

As of now, would be less optimistic next year about the Cork footballers unfortunately. Maybe the League might reveal a sea-change in the tactical mind-set on the sideline?

Same old same old in the hurling.

Kilkenny v Tipp

Donegal v Kerry

No side has the mentality that Jimmy's crew have, back-to-backs are more than possible. When did you last hear of those Mayo chokers being competitive two years in a row? Likewise I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear from Dublin or Cork again for a few years

Kilkenny v Tipp

Donegal v Kerry

No side has the mentality that Jimmy's crew have, back-to-backs are more than possible. When did you last hear of those Mayo chokers being competitive two years in a row? Likewise I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear from Dublin or Cork again for a few years

It look's like we have a late contender for the idiot of the year award.Ourselves (presuming we smarten up with the tactics) and Dublin have the measure of Donegal and if you think you've heard the last from Mayo think again.

Kilkenny v Tipp

Donegal v Kerry

Actually,Dublin being at the business end of the football c/ship for the next few year is one of the few things I'm certain of right now. 2 out of 3 U-21 titles and a Minor title (plus a final narrowly lost) in the last 3 years. A fresh intelligent manager and all teams playing to the same tune. Well ahead of most counties in terms of conditioning up to minor level at least I would think and this helps players graduate to senior level quicker. Watch out for Jack McCaffrey for one, a class act who should break onto the starting 15 this year or next.

Mayo were right with Donegal barring the stupid early lapses in defence in the final..their conditioning was excellent and they now have a man who is a brilliant gameplay coach involved aswell...IF they stick at it, they will be a danger to anyone.

Cork, many here have flagged the problems...need to replace or at least phase out the whole half back line that started against Donegal...Need to try other options at midfield and get Colm O'Neill, Ciarán Sheehan, Kerrigan, Donnacha and Patrick Kelly on a telepathic level.

Kerry, need to pick the right players in the right positions, need to play for 70+ mins, need to get the forward balance right. Will be thereabouts, but onlt time will tell if the complete package is still there with guys like Tomás and Galvin. Big year needed from Declan O'Sullivan also.

Finally, the reigning champions. They will continue to play as they did this year and if teams leave themselves exposed to that, they will lose. Will have added confidence from this year, but that can go both ways as we've seen over the years. Better teams will be wise to their tactics now and use all means to blot out McFadden, Lacey & Neil Gallagher (their key men as I see it)..hard to do back to back, but they are a force to be reckoned with and whoever beats them will be on top of their game.

Cork to win the double.
You heard it here first.

FlyingPig.gif

Actually,Dublin being at the business end of the football c/ship for the next few year is one of the few things I'm certain of right now. 2 out of 3 U-21 titles and a Minor title (plus a final narrowly lost) in the last 3 years. A fresh intelligent manager and all teams playing to the same tune. Well ahead of most counties in terms of conditioning up to minor level at least I would think and this helps players graduate to senior level quicker. Watch out for Jack McCaffrey for one, a class act who should break onto the starting 15 this year or next.

Mayo were right with Donegal barring the stupid early lapses in defence in the final..their conditioning was excellent and they now have a man who is a brilliant gameplay coach involved aswell...IF they stick at it, they will be a danger to anyone.

Cork, many here have flagged the problems...need to replace or at least phase out the whole half back line that started against Donegal...Need to try other options at midfield and get Colm O'Neill, Ciarán Sheehan, Kerrigan, Donnacha and Patrick Kelly on a telepathic level.

Kerry, need to pick the right players in the right positions, need to play for 70+ mins, need to get the forward balance right. Will be thereabouts, but onlt time will tell if the complete package is still there with guys like Tomás and Galvin. Big year needed from Declan O'Sullivan also.

Finally, the reigning champions. They will continue to play as they did this year and if teams leave themselves exposed to that, they will lose. Will have added confidence from this year, but that can go both ways as we've seen over the years. Better teams will be wise to their tactics now and use all means to blot out McFadden, Lacey & Neil Gallagher (their key men as I see it)..hard to do back to back, but they are a force to be reckoned with and whoever beats them will be on top of their game.

You are like a politician Weshty.

After all that you still did not answer the question.

Who do you think will play out the All Ireland Final?

Well Aidan Walsh is a certainty at midfield anyway!Maybe Alan O'Connor can find his form again and i'd rather Pearse O'Neill to be used as an impact sub.Maybe it's time for Fintan Gould to be put into midfield.The man can catch a kickout and i think he would bring some badly needed creativity to that sector.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼