Search results

1. T

The Service at The Nest Coughlans

Hello Proccers, Cant wait to go and see The Service at Coughlans. They are there the next 3 Sundays from 6-8. One question if I may. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 teenagers (13 & 16) who like some of their dads music and having shown them clips during the lockdown they are mad keen to see The...
  2. T

2 X PS4's in one house help needed please

Hi folks So, I'm a senior citizen of the gaming world and have a 15 year-old son who loves his gaming as well. He has never asked for his own PS4 as he was happy to use mine, I'm not into online gaming so was happy for him to have it as much as he wants it. I've been hopping from PS3 to PS1...
  3. T

Switching mobile providers

Hi folks Was wondering if someone could help please? Upgraded me iPhone last November and kept me old phone for me daughter for the summer. Got her a SIM card today, however I was on 3 and her SIM card is for EIR and I'm being told that the card is unauthorised . Cant access iTunes to set...
  4. T

PDC World Darts Championship 2017

Starts tonight at 7pm. Hard to see past MVG. He's had a savage year altogether. Might be worth having a look at the other half of the draw and back someone each-way. James Wade at 25's would be worth a bet imo. Of tonight's matches, possibly Ricky Evans @ 5/2 to beat Michael Smith is value...
  5. T

Fire near the North Chapel

Lots of smoke visible looking down from the North Mon. Sirens heard. Any ideas what's going on folks?
  6. T

Official NH/Cheltenham 2017 Thread

Cheltenham on Channel 4 today!! Great stuff! Really looking forward to this years National Hunt season. Mullins vs Elliot on this side of the Irish Sea and Nicholls vs Skelton across the water will shape our season I'd imagine. Shout out to a few podcasts : Final Furlong podcast are looking to...
  7. T

Flying bottle goes bang??

On Twitter this morning that the Hollyhill Inn is closing!! Many's the Sunday night pub-crawl was started there back in the late 80's early 90's. Huge catchment area so I'm shocked if it is so.
  8. T

Phife Dawg RIP

Member of A Tribe Called Quest passed away today. Now I don't usually post this kind of stuff but I'm just in from the off-licence with a few cans for tonight as MrsPorge is at work. Sure enough, Can I Kick it? is on the radio as I approach the counter. There's just myself and the lad behind...
  9. T

Def Leppard/ Whitesnake 3 Arena

Went to this with the missus last night. Great night albeit that the sound for Def Leppard wasn't great. Whitesnake were ridiculous for men of their vintage. Great set, great night, lots of nostalgia for us hair metallers of the 80's. Now train back from Dublin and collect the kids from school...
  10. T

National Hunt 2015/2016 Thread

This weekends meeting at Chepstow always means the start of the jumps season for me. Bit dis-appointed that Sire De Grugy does not run tomorrow having been in the entries earlier in the week. First talking horse of the season is the novice hurdler Min, recently acquired by Willie Mullins from...
  11. T

AP McCoy Retiring

Just announced after winning on Mr Mole, his 10th double century!!! #legend
  12. T

Mali or Guinea

Having finished second with identical records, a draw today at 3pm will be made to see which nation advances!! For me there's only one way to settle it : crossbar challenge!!!
  13. T

Can't play online with PS3

Hi lads, looking for some help here. Finally went online with the old PS3 just before xmas as the young fella wanted to play certain multiplayer games. However, whilst I can surf the net, connect to servers like EAservers, connect to the Playstation store and indeed download content from it, I...
  14. T

Are all schools open this morning

Smallies hoping for day off :)
  15. T

Official National Hunt 2014-2015 thread

Jumps back on Channel 4 racing last weekend and today we have the season's bow of Sizing Europe and Baily Green at Gowran Park. They are up against it today against Noel Meade's Road to Riches who sleuced in to win the Galway Plate. Mouse Morris' horses are going well so I think Baily Green is...
  16. T

Oliver Brady RIP

Great character, loved his bants with Matt Chapman on ATR. Remember seeing him at a Cheltenham preview night in the Rochestown park a few years ago. Will be missed by us who like to follow the underdog in the sport of kings.
  17. T

Aintree 2014 thread

Some tentative selections for today, as the €10 and €20 bets for Cheltenham become €5 bets at Aintree : 2.00 Guitar Pete 2.30 First Lieutenant 3.40 Dead Or Alive (EW) 4.15 Arnaud (NAP) Watching brief on the Aintree hurdle, The New One odds-on and only 7 runners rules out any each-way...
  18. T

Gift Grub GAA / Sky Sports

http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_Ian_Dempsey_Breakfast_Show/The_Ian_Dempsey_Breakfast_Show/13260/2/Gift_Sky_Sports_GAA sorry dont know how to embed :(
  19. T

Irish/Ukranians not Russians

Being repeated over and over on Prime Time at the moment!!!!
  20. T

Mtusa

First broadcast on this day 30 years ago!! Bet that makes ya feel old:(