Search results

1. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Nobody is saying he’s finished ffs. “Not firing on all cylinders” means there’s a lot more in him.
  2. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He’s our most dangerous forward if he’s right. Can win ball high and low, he’s seriously strong on the ball, he’s willing to take people on and has a serious burst of speed. He’s not had enough game time though - he wasn’t firing on all cylinders before this latest injury - so nobody knows how...
  3. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’ll be murdered for this but “just for Limerick” we should put Joyce on Gillane. Let them try and isolate them, I’d have Joyce all day in that contest. Ger M to follow Lynch and match up everyone else. Any other opponent I’d have Joyce at 6.
  4. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Look I suppose it’s easier than blaming the inter county full back that took 3 attempts to lift the ball.
  5. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It wouldn’t surprise me to see all 3 of Hoggie Harnedy & Lehane start come championship & we’ll maybe see Kingston start with them. Nothing that Ryan has shown since he came into the job would show that he’s trying to do any kind of rebuild, just a younger lad will force his way in here or...
  6. S

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Therein lies the problem. The young lad is a miles better keeper but will have to wait his turn. I read an echo report how Collins had a great game the weekend, you’d have to wonder what the agenda there is. He had one good save but his distribution was awful. I could play short to a man when...
  7. S

Cork Footballers

He made them up
  8. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

These blow-in young lads are completely unproven but some here would have some of them starting ahead of Hoggie, Harnedy, Lehane, Fitzy, Kingston, Cads etc - all too quick to forget the glory that has been showered upon us in recent seasons by the aforementioned. We’ve been a thorn in the side...
  9. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You can only play 20 lads on the day. You need 35-40 on the panel if you want to be playing in house games etc. The injuries are a pain in the hole alright but I wouldn’t be using them as an excuse for us not to get out of Munster. If we do get out of it this might end up being a good thing with...
  10. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Wexford are not a poor team, they put out a scratch team last week and took an unmerciful hammering. They had to come out today with a performance, and they did. Nearly all their big guns out. We were poor yeah but they made us poor, we couldn’t deal with them playing the sweeper, continued to...
  11. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Anyone see Kingston control a ball today?
  12. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

They have the luxury of a pocketful of medals in fairness. Remember 2021 when we tried to rope-a-dope them by conceding 33 points in the league, another no show in Munster? That worked out well for us.
  13. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Jesus I've never in my life seen a Cork crowd more scared than some of us seem to be about Limerick. We'd need to be playing them and beating them often if we want to get to the level we need to get to. Not hiding away from them. I'd hope the management would have a similar viewpoint.
  14. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Best Barrs forward you mean?
  15. S

The Hurling Thread

Colm Bonnar gone from Tipp?
  16. S

Cork hurlings next manager

6 more months of this. Fuck this split season shit!
  17. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Seriously? Grovel to Davy? Lol
  18. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He won’t take it. Surely. Even if he doesn’t, this shows the CCB up as an absolute shambles. Continuity? They’ve got that right, we’ve been continually failing since 2006. We’re a laughing stock and Frank is long enough gone now for the guns to be pointed at KOD. For all his progressive talk...
  19. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Eddie Brennan at pains to point out he was born in Cork on OTB this morning! In all seriousness though, Ben O Connor is the man, new broom etc, if they appoint from within the current set up it’ll just be a continuance of the mediocrity we’ve had since JBM left. Every management decision...
  20. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Very immature start from Cork, should be tacking in points but we’re going for goals every opportunity. We’d be 7-8 points up already if we weren’t trying to put on a show. If we start like this against any of the other 5 big counties we’ll be bate.