Search results

1. C

Embedded YT videos on forums

Why do I only see white rectangles where Youtube videos should be on my Androi
  2. C

Double room in Deerpark €300 pm

Double bedroom in Deerpark for €300 per month. PM me if interested. Double Bedroom €300 monthly 3 people currently living in this house House is not owner occupied Looking for either males or females (No Couples) Available to Move In: Immediately Available for: 1 Year+ Property Description...
  3. C

Return default folder listing to alphabetical on XP?

Somehow I've changed something so that when I am navigating through folders or in a File > Open dialog box the folder contents are being displayed by "Date Modified" rather that alphabetical and it's a pain in the ass. Anyone know how to reset to alphabetical? Have tried going to the My...
  4. C

Any HijackThis experts?

Does anyone see what might be wrong with this HijackThis log? The computer cannot connect to the internet. When I run ipconfig from the command prompt the Connection-specific DNS Suffix is blank. There was Clickpotato which I uninstalled. There was also the line that I fixed with HijackThis...
  5. C

New PC Induction

Here, does anyone remember that site where for a new pc you can choose and install all the necessary applications and plugins like AVG, Flash Player, Acrobat Reader etc. in one go? Not lazy - oh no! But I'm sure I've seen it posted here and can't find it.
  6. C

New PC Induction

Here, does anyone remember that site where for a new pc you can choose and install all the necessary applications and plugins like AVG, Flash Player, Acrobat Reader etc. without doing each one at a time?
  7. C

"No Signal" on monitor

Having odd problems again with my PC. What's next ffs. On Tuesday (Friday today) the screen went black all of a sudden, saying "No Signal". trying to restart would not get a signal to the screen. I swapped monitors and there was still nothing happening on screen so we put in a different (older)...
  8. C

New primary hard drive, new Windows install but no internet?

New primary hard drive, new Windows install but no internet? I have a new hard drive that I have installed XP SP1 onto from the cd. I am trying to set up the internet and am getting nowhere. We connect to Chorus by cables through a hub. I can ping 127.0.0.1 and it succeeds so this means...
  9. C

Hard Drive (SATA) in trouble

When I tried to turn on my PC (XP) yesterday it was making unhealthy creaking noises and the screen showed only a black screen with the white "Intel Inside" logo in the center. I powered off using the main power button and re-booted. It wasn't making much sound then and went as far as the...
  10. C

YouTube

C'mere youtubes recent nod to retro is getting in the way of the music. It was better when you logged in and could see 18-24 of whatever of the favourites you might want to recall and choose from rather than a 3cm frame with a scrollbar with only the first 3 visible. Change it. And influence...
  11. C

Apple Emac & UPC BB

A buddy has just bought a computer. It's a second hand Apple eMac circa 2003. He has just signed up for UPC/Chorus and had the techie around to install the modem etc. Now he isn't yet connected and the guy installing it wasn't sure how to set it up on his Mac. He just left him a wireless USB...
  12. C

Wanted: 2nd Hand Gent's Bicycle

Mountain Bike or Racer. TIA
  13. C

Website Layouts with CSS. Hand-code or Wysiwig?

Many web designers here? I have to design a couple of sites having not done so for a few years. Have been doing more PHP and MySQL so have not made the move from tables to CSS for layouts. Give industry progress these past few years my traditional hand-coded nested tabulated site layout would...
  14. C

Canon PowerShot 8MB - A Good Buy?

I must get around to buying a digital camera. I would probably use it mostly for holidays and get togethers and the like. Does this look like a good buy? Canon PowerShot A590 IS, 8.0MP 4x opt. zoom TIA
  15. C

Bay of Naples - Sorrento - Positano

Hey Off to Sorrento for a flying visit from Dec 26-30. Will probably go visit Positano too. Has anyone been? Can anyone recommend any good bars or restaurants or things to do? We already have accommodation sorted at Domus Porto Salvo in Sorrento. And how wide does one have to be in Naples? Is...
  16. C

Cork Team Homecoming

Housemate was working security for the return home of the team. The security company was paid €125,000 for the event. Half the city centre was locked down. At least 40 gardai obviously on overtime and marching band et al. Only 90 faithful fans turned up - looked quite demoralising for the team!
  17. C

Bush Vids

These might or might not be old hat... But I just came across them! ROFL!! United States of "Whatever" (Bush Remix) N3XiW9goo1U Brokeback Bush Remix uV0p8nBJ-MI
  18. C

DVD Burner Woes - any recommendations?

I bought a NEC DVD±RW burner, ND-3550A, 16x, Dual, Black OEM just over a year ago and it has been developing a habit of seeing some DVD's and not seeing others - the maddening "No Disk in Drive D" alert box. It tends to prefer DVD's in better condition but sometimes it will not see a brand new...