Search results

1. I

Cork Footballers

I said this to a colleague in the Páirc tonight and it’s something that is known but not mentioned as much as it should be. The Cork footballers must be the worst supported team in the country. In a county with at least a hundred clubs where football is played to a decent level it’s very hard to...
  2. I

Cork u20 Football 2024

The Barrs best players of that age were always William Buckley and Ben O’Connor. Both distracted by other sports! John Wiggington Barrett is a very useful baller also and he was playing rugby with Pres up to yesterday.
  3. I

2024 Premier Senior Football Championship

What sort of twaddle is that? Ross and Clon don’t even rank in this conversation. Nemo and Barr’s are head and shoulders the “standard bearers” in terms of Cork football clubs with multiple provincial and All Ireland victories. Haven would be next in line and deserve serious credit as a club...
  4. I

Cork Footballers

This. Larry is one of the greatest players I’ve ever seen but his views on the game I would largely disagree with. And why said views are featuring in the media I have no idea. As others have mentioned here, the limitations of the current coaching setup are being laid bare. The kickout plan...
  5. I

2024 Premier Senior Football Championship

From Goleen to Ballinspittle isn’t too small a parish.
  6. I

Cork Footballers

I’d agree with JF above - I don’t think it’s a knee-jerk reaction or premature to say that there is a serious problem there with the Walsh kickout strategy. It’s the very same as the 2018 Galway playbook. It hit its ceiling then and it has done so already this year. Now the other issue has been...
  7. I

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Poor result for UCC. Not getting great vibes from that camp this year. Billy has obviously been a great figure for Nemo, Cork and UCC over the years and his record speaks for itself but quite honestly it’s time for fresh blood there.
  8. I

Corn Ui Mhuiri

Ah wasn’t particularly tough to call those except Mallow v Cahirciveen but there’s a good shot of Mallow, Kilshannig and Clyda lads especially on that Mallow team who impress me any time I see them. I think Mallow have a good chance to make the final now once they aren’t forced to play again...
  9. I

The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

South terrace is the one nearest the road I’m sure? North terrace is the Moyross side wall.
  10. I

Cork Footballers

Páirc ui Rinn confirmed 7pm Friday. Will need the thermals for this one boys!
  11. I

Cork Footballers

No there’s a debate about that. Decision tonight on Tralee or Flower lodge.
  12. I

2023 Premier Intermediate football

Unfortunately for CNM they just didn’t function well today and whether it was nerves or what, their shooting was appalling. Easily could have been level at least with the chances thrown away. It was a poor game as Cullyhanna were no great shakes either. Shame for Cill na Martra but after a...
  13. I

2023 Premier sfc

Some win for The Haven on Sunday. You have to hand it to them, they hung in there when 95%+ of teams wouldn’t have and dug out a win that looked unlikely at certain points. Dingle will be sick but they displayed a lot of naivety and lacked big game experience that the likes of Collins, Damien...
  14. I

Corn Ui Mhuiri

Mounthawk v Roco Sem v Clon Coláiste na Sceilige v Mallow The Green v Abbey CBS That’s quarter final draw. Mounthawk, Sem and The Green would certainly be favourites to advance. The other one I’m not sure on. Mallow could take it.
  15. I

2023 Premier sfc

It would be far better for most supporters if it were Killarney. I’ve no idea why Thurles is even being mentioned. That would be just silly and unnecessary surely. Maybe toss and play in Clon if Haven win or Killarney if Dingle win. Nether a home venue but good pitches and venues and neither a...
  16. I

2023 Premier sfc

I don’t see Haven allowing many 1v1s to develop!
  17. I

2023 Premier sfc

Yeah unless Haven agreed to Killarney but doubt they would? Killarney or Mallow only options really. They might get live tv slot so it could be Saturday the 9th in Mallow. A very interesting clash. Possibly Tom Sullivan v Brian Hurley which will be worth a look alone.
  18. I

Great win for CNM & sounds like it was deserved. Good chance to have a crack off an All Ireland now there.
  19. I

No never played with Dromid. Played with St Michael’s/Foilmore having grown up in Ballinskelligs. Had a spell with Moorefield in Kildare. Moved back to Kerry but opted not to join back with the home club. Safe to say they wouldn’t be the most popular but Bally/Foilmore have regressed a lot in...
  20. I

I would say CNM have a very good chance here, more than any recent Cork champions in this grade. M/C are very well known to John Evans for one thing and he'll have attended several of their games recently you can be sure. M/C players have also had a fairly intense schedule recently with not...