Search results

1. S

English Football Championship Thread

Bring Mick back!!
  2. S

English Football Championship Thread

Bristol City winning again at home. 10pts from the last 12. We're sure not going on a playoff charge but we're pretty safe for another season, which is all we hoped for. We've got some really good young players, including Scott, Massingham & Benarous, but it feels like we've got a good couple...
  3. S

Dolores

Rediscovered The Cranberries recently and they still rocked my world. RIP.
  4. S

Gay bomb turned down by US military

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2101644,00.html Dragnet, what's your take on this?
  5. S

Dublin - do we agree?

Found on a blog while looking for something else... Dublin is the biggest mother-fucking hell hole piece of dog shit city I've ever spent time in in my entire life. Drugs are rampant. It's absolutely filthy and stinks like the worst kind of shit you could possibly produce - everywhere. I know...
  6. S

Microphone input broken?

I've got both an external mic and a mic/earphone headset and my laptop isn't picking up speech on either but has no problem playing sounds. Is this most likely to be a hardware problem with the laptop? I'm not aware of having changed any settings - where can I check? Tx in advance for any help.
  7. S

Was 9/11 an evil, twisted neo-con plot?

How can one think otherwise after viewing this experiment? http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=125&topic_id=56836&mesg_id=56836
  8. S

Song lyrics as your signature

Surprisingly brilliant. Transnatdonna has Joni Mitchell from Blue and someone has, amazingly, John Cale from Paris 1919. And they're the two best albums ever. What a helluva thing. Anyway...
  9. S

Taxi Drivers - langers

I work on Grand Parade and have spent all morning being deafened by their horns. Whole city centre feels more uptight than normal, even for a Monday morning. Langers.
  10. S

Best sporting insults

Seeing as they're topical... My vote goes to the Zimbabwean cricketer (and, in passing, chicken farmer) Eddie Brandeis. Aussie bowler Glenn McGrath, having just been belted for six, glared at him and said "Why are you so fat?" to which came the immortal reply "Because every time I fuck your...
  11. S

Cork Midsummer Festival

The programme has been out for a little while on www.corkfestival.com Biased as I freely admit myself to be: The programme's great and I don't think there's any doubt that it's the biggest concentration of quality events that there's been so far this year. You can book online as well and for...
  12. S

Culture galore in june - not just for smallies

The Cork Midsummer Festival has just put its website up - see www.corkfestival.com for full details.
  13. S

Sony Beans

I'm techie ignorant so 'scuse for that but ... Looking for an ipod-like gadget. Saw that a 1gb Sony Bean is E130, which seems good. The guy in the shop said that you need to use Sony software to get the songs on there. I know that Sony released some very dodgy software a while ago but the...
  14. S

Spiegeltent

We're hoping to bring back a slightly bigger Spiegeltent (400 people as opposed to this year's 300) next summer but we'll have to find a new place for it; this year's was only just big enough for the smaller tent and probably won't be available next summer anyway. Emmet Place might have too...
  15. S

Spiegeltent

We're hoping to bring back a slightly bigger Spiegeltent (400 people as opposed to this year's 300) next summer but we'll have to find a new place for it; this year's was only just big enough for the smaller tent and probably won't be available next summer anyway. Emmet Place might have too...