Search results

1. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

So you accept I was right about the veto. Great. Let’s move on now. Many awful tragedies took place during the troubles that never need to have happened. Many in the IRA and loyalist paramilitaries colluded with British security services. Many lives that were lost could have been saved had that...
  2. Crankycorner

The County Board Complaints Thread

Great to see Ballyphehane making progress. Be great if one of their own Finbarr Mc Carthy threw his lot in with them.
  3. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

Plenty of Shinners colluded with the security services.
  4. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

Because I’m in a good mood and to save you the embarrassment of saying it’s not true Soundy I’ve taken the liberty of including a section from a Sunday Times article written by Professor Gary Murphy back in December which alludes to this. I’ve even bolded it for you. McEntee debate offered a...
  5. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

Flip that a big Soundy. Funny how an organisation who vowed never to put down the gun ended up doing just that. As regards Haughey, Colley demanded a veto on the appointment and was given it in return for him continuing to serve in government. Haughey only had full control of the party from...
  6. Crankycorner

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We haven’t had an All Star since 2019 and deservedly so. No player has played himself into All Star territory for Cork, Joyce included. Until that changes we won’t go too far.
  7. Crankycorner

Irish Rail

On a train to Little Island and it’s a 22000. More of this please.
  8. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

He never tried again and as I said those who opposed him had an effective veto over his Minister for Justice. As regards 20th century Irish political history, the last 30 years have proven that the provos were indeed rife with informers.
  9. Crankycorner

Price Of A Bazzer In Cork?

Mine is free. I shave my head myself. Being bald is great lads.
  10. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

FF fucked out members who tried to import guns in the 70s. Haughey spent 5 years in the doldrums and even when he became Taoiseach his Minister for Justice had to be approved by his opponents in the party. FF had no connection to the Provos.
  11. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

Well our generation are the first to be free from the shackles of IRA terrorism. That’s a good thing.
  12. Crankycorner

The dull thread

More unacceptable changes on WhatsApp. Icons now showing in green.
  13. Crankycorner

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

John Delaney reminds me of our Ex Secretary.
  14. Crankycorner

Murder of a GAA chairman

Were there any IRA men not talking to MI5. Rampant so it was.
  15. Crankycorner

Little things that are immensely satisfying

What’s the farthest you’ve gotten into her videos?
  16. Crankycorner

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Completely agree R&B. It’s time to give youth its chance.
  17. Crankycorner

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This is like an episode of Last of the Summer Wine.
  18. Crankycorner

Immigration Thread

Very very very well said.
  19. Crankycorner

Stardust anniversary

Go back to sleep. You’ll fell better.
  20. Crankycorner

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Anyway back to 2024…