Search results

1. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I worked with Kevin. He was undoubtedly a messer.
  2. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

As As I saw it, he had a word with the linesman first (possibly about time) and knew there would be time for another chance. There was, but it Waterford who took it.
  3. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Power cut actually. As I was saying: Apart from his doubtful part in the 2013 win, Dayy Fitz has never been a winner at inter-county level. Indeed he probably lost Cork Camogie the All-Ireland when he was their manager/coach. Cork were a point up in that match, going into the last minute of...
  4. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Apart from his doubtful part in the 2013 win, Dayy Fitz has never been a winner at inter-county level. Indeed he probably lost Cork Camogie the All-Ireland when he was their manager/coach. Cork were a point up in that match, going into the last minute of injury time and had a free in front of...
  5. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

As regards winning rucks, I watched Kilkenny at it for a long time; one hand on the hurley, the other hand within an inch of the ground, so that if the ball rose they could grab it quick.
  6. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Off ye go then. No one here is going to hold you back.
  7. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Point by Conor Lehane. They must be mistaken.
  8. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Well done Darragh.
  9. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lehane three wides from play, Horgan two wides from play, but get Lehane off.
  10. T

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

The Cork Minor Hurling team to play Limerick in round two of the Munster championship at SuperValu Pairc Ui Chaoimh on Thursday 11th April has been announced; Josh Goulding, Glen Rovers Cian Denis O Connor, Millstreet Rian O’Riordan, Blackrock Liam Kelleher, Douglas, Captain Kevin...
  11. T

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Why should he be banned for expressing an opinion?
  12. T

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Cork are getting complacent, though, and giving away possession they would have kept in the earlier part of the match.
  13. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It was all detailed in Val Dorgan's book, "Christy Ring". It was his two brothers who had a dispute with Cloyne, apparently. Christy left in solidarity with them. Ironically the brothers soon joined other local clubs and Christy was left without any club until Jack Lynch approached him about...
  14. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I never saw anything worse. Gleeson pushed Meade as he tried to pick up the ball and the ball went over the sideline. Foul number 1. As Meade sat on the ground, Gleeson gripped his helmet by the faceguard and tore it off. A red card offence, according to their own rules. Waterford got a sideline.
  15. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Looking at Wikipedia now, he was born in Ballinacurra. They could do with him today!
  16. T

Cork Footballers

The Hogan Stand table has Cork in 3rd position (score difference over Cavan), with Louth 5th, a point less than both. https://hoganstand.com/LeagueTables/
  17. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He set up the goal - with a perfectly legal handpass! I like what I've seen of Sean Twomey so far. He's out in front of his man and can gather the ball without fumbling. Sometimes you don't get a clear chance to score; then you give the ball to a team mate. He did all that. If he always plays...
  18. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Since the sports editor is Tony Leen, a Kerryman who detests Cork, he's obviously not above using proxies to extend his dislike to Cork hurling.
  19. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

And, perhaps, no harm either. People outside the game think we're playing with a tennis ball!
  20. T

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Well, perhaps they are. https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41309662.html#:~:text=The total package, which has,room at Páirc Ui Chaoimh. "Sources say that there was a proposal at stadium board level to call the facility - opened in 1976 and redeveloped in 2017 - SuperValu Páirc Uí...