Search results

1. J

Club transfers 2024

not a hope in hell Leap let him go without a fight
  2. J

Club transfers 2024

Cullinane is a nephew of James Fitzpatrick which is a fairly tenuous connection to Carbery Rangers. It’s pathetically weak from Bal to be honest, and a real disservice to their footballers who are possibly the strongest junior panel in Carbery. Perhaps they were spooked by the fallout from...
  3. J

Club transfers 2024

Would Eoghan Ferguson be capable at that level? I wouldn’t have thought so personally. Interesting one. Heard some talk Darragh OSe was transferring back to Clon and that they tried (unsuccessfully) to convince the ODonovan cousins from Barryroe to make the move.
  4. J

Cork Footballers

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes I think that's probably a good sign that it's time to call it quits. Talk about hyperbole from Jimmy.....some people are easily fooled by statistics. I suspect he may be a FF bot who has been given a special assignment by Micheál A's daddy!
  5. J

Cork Footballers

Bit of a stretch. You could have maybe gotten away with that 2 years ago when he was out of u21, but he hasn’t adapted to senior well at all. Also I wouldn’t read too much into what he said. He’s comparing junior hurling to I/C football. There’s obviously a far less cautious and tactical...
  6. J

Cork Footballers

You win some you lose some, Hayes is gone but Thomas Clancy is back involved. Different positions obviously and age profiles, but as it stands Clancy will add more to the team than will be lost by the departure of Hayes. Now if Cleary has any sense he’d be knocking on the door of the 2 Whites...
  7. J

2022 Senior A football

Experience in finals is what will go against Michaels, they have nothing but bad ones and who knows how the mental scars of recent years could affect them if it comes down to the wire. Knocknagree on the other hand have more finals won than most in recent years. That being said, Michaels no...
  8. J

2022 Premier Senior football

😂 Spot on. Embarrassing comment from him. Travis with his unashamed Clon propaganda has the poor divil rattled. Last years county final was the closest the Barrs came to losing until Kilcoo dismantled them in ET in the semi final. I’ll be surprised if Nemo put up as much of a challenge in this...
  9. J

They did, but Kilcoo went up the gears in extra time and were full value for the win. Hadn’t heard that about Mannion, that opens things up a bit for sure, although they nearly won it last year without him.
  10. J

😂 Steady on, they’ll beat Nemo and in all likelihood could win Munster given the absence of a standout Kerry contender but they were well outplayed by Kilcoo last year and that’s before we even mention the overwhelming favourites Kilmacud with their shiny new addition.
  11. J

2022 Senior A football

3/1 is a good price, they could run them close but Knocknagree are rightly favourites, and 3/1 might as well be 300/1 if Clyda lose by a point. Pity there’s no handicap on these games, likewise ballincollig and Nemo in the senior, ballincollig almost 3/1.
  12. J

2022 Premier Senior Hurling

True there was no guarantee he’d have sustained that level long term but theres no denying he was saying one of the electrifying players in recent memory, there’s something exhilarating watching a guy with that pace and size get the ball and go for goal. I honestly can’t think of a more...
  13. J

2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Agreed, in hindsight Setanta’s move was a disaster from a sporting and financial perspective. He was the full package from a marketing POV: electric on the field, had the looks, the name, the multi-cultural background, he was poised to be the GAAs poster boy. ”Brand Setanta” would have cleaned...
  14. J

Cork minor Football 2022

Big win for Douglas, they gave Valleys a drubbing in the u16 final as well last year. Obviously a talented group, most clubs would see at least 6/7 guys from that kind of team progress to senior level and would probably end up building a team around them for years to come. Douglas seem to have...
  15. J

Junior A Football Championship 2022

That wasn’t a semi, wasn’t even a 1/4 I would say. Well done to Ardfield. They’re a very solid if not all that impressive outfit. On current form, they’ll fancy a tilt at the county, they were unfortunate last time around to meet a strong Kilshannig team in the final.
  16. J

Can’t see how they wouldn’t be. They beat them last year, and they won it out 2 years ago. Timoleague on the other hand have gotten past a 1/4 final this year for the first time in a while. Not much in it either way but I can’t see how Timoleague would be favourites.
  17. J

And?? That was mostly at premier 2 and was in a combined team, anyway regardless of the level, underage football doesn’t come close to the intensity and physicality of adult football. The likes of Glanmire and Michaels would be swimming in senior county medals if it did. Timoleague were a...
  18. J

I wouldn’t go as far to say they’ll take serious beating. They’d do very well to win tomorrow, St James will be favourites. If they get out of west cork I can’t see them coming anywhere near a county tbh. Good young talent there to be fair but they’re completely unproven even at this level.
  19. J

Cork Footballers

You sound like you’ve watched BOD play a lot with his club and Carbery this year, have you? How did he fare at the weekend? And how did he look for Caheragh against Argideen Rangers? Presumably he impressed you.
  20. J

Cork GAA Club Coverage

Couldn’t disagree more, he does my head in, full of clichés, over the top praising of players, particularly Cork or ex Cork players, I’d suspect he doesn’t watch a whole lot of club football and isn’t all that familiar with lesser known players. Not a patch on Paddy Kelly who was top class last...