Search results

1. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lehane unlikely to start- hamstring issue.
  2. H

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Very strange game. We played some shocking hurling especially without the ball. I’ve no doubt we would have struggled to turn it around if it remained 15v15. We had our purple patch and put the game to bed, but we were musculed and out fought for long periods even against 14 men. Way to loose at...
  3. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Dalton picked up an injury v Galway last weekend and is now rated 50:50 for the Waterford game.
  4. H

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Ross for O Leary. That’s fair enough. Timmy Wilk not ready yet to start presumably.??
  5. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Harnedy will start instead of Twomey and Hoggy will start instead of Robbie.
  6. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

All I heard was that Shane Barrett played very well as a roving 15 and that Coleman also looked very good.
  7. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork won yesterday’s game by a point - something like 2-22 to 2-21. Strong Galway team by all accounts
  8. H

Cork Footballers

Not a lot of positives today in my opinion aside from the result. We were 4 points up with 10 minutes left against a shambolic Division 4 team who neither had the ability or inclination to have a go. Anytime they kicked the ball it resulted in a turnover for Cork, hence they rarely kicked. In...
  9. H

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Dreadful game really not helped by the conditions band the fussy ref. Disappointing we didn’t create any real goal chances - Waterford were truly abysmal. We should buried them really but we didn’t - definitely got a bit complacent in the second half against the breeze.
  10. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The Waterford game is a defining game for us. Win it and the glass is half full and we are on the front foot for the Clare game 7 days later. Lose it and getting out of Munster becomes highly improbable. Davy will have his lads wound up to the 90s and they will try and frustrate Cork every way...
  11. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I have to admit I’m more optimistic than I was a month ago, we’ve won three games in a row, our squad looks seriously stacked and Connolly has re discovered his goal scoring touch. However let’s not get carried away- Offaly /Wexford were hardly meaningful games and there will be an almighty step...
  12. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I can never envisage a situation where Clare would be favoured to beat us in PUC. It’s all about the first game v Waterford. Win it and anything is possible - lose it and you’re under pressure immediately.
  13. H

The Hurling Thread

Judge got life. (Membership of Adare Manor)
  14. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Realistically Ben is unlikely to figure in this year’s championship. If we are so desperate for a ball winning wing forward option, why are we not trying Tim O Mahony there.
  15. H

The Hurling Thread

How do refs just ignore Cian Lynch dropping the hurley - he did if at least 6 times tonight.
  16. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Why are we giving the keys of PUC to Limerick for their game with Tipp next Sat night. ?? Clearly they want a night game here before coming to play Cork. We should be telling them to fcuk off up to Cusack Park if they need a pitch.
  17. H

Cork Footballers

Hard to blame Blake Murphy. I saw him in the Teddy Mac game and both himself and Corbett looked like proper forwards. He should have got an extended run on that team as he’s definitely got something that’s in very short supply among cork forwards. Shameful treatment in fairness.
  18. H

Cork Footballers

I hear another well known but seldom used squad player is also considering walking.
  19. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Coleman to mid field surely with old Downey to wing back. At present Tommy is just about holding the second midfield spot. Leave Mellerick at 5 and Eoin Downey in the corner. Collins in goal so that’s 1-9 sorted. FF line currently is probably Jack, Hoggy and Hayes with Hoggy perhaps alternating...
  20. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was there and Jack O Connor and Ger Mellerick were streets ahead of all other Cork players. Joyce and Hayes were also decent and made big contributions. The 2 Downeys did well when introduced and are close to starting imo. Saunderson looked out of his depth so Collins is back for sure. Tommy...