Search results

1. L

The Hurling Thread

He's ok. But at same time they only brought him into training panel after the Fitzgibbon win he had with Mary I. Before that there was 2/3 others in there too so management didn't really even rate him in top 4 options over past couple seasons. So he'd have a long way to go yet to be a potential...
  2. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Clare had a team out that was almost unrecognisable with so many new lads on so wouldn't read much into that game
  3. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

A lot here this evening don't seem to have Lehane in their championship 15. Not sure why, I'd say he is virtually certain to start. After a great league.
  4. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

For anyone that was there, how'd Pa Collins end up getting the point? Did he just come out and got a bit of space to carry ball into shooting range or what was the scenario
  5. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The only place to watch it I'd say is from the stand in Wexford, don't think there is any tv or online option.
  6. L

The Official Golf Thread

He's some craic though, like a normal lad you'd meet around the place. I heard that 7 times between Friday to Sunday they had to apologise on the Sky coverage for his bad language 😂
  7. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Great to see Connolly back, probably the most natural goalscorer we've seen in a while on the senior team. He's a big extra option to have now that wasn't there 12 months ago. Obviously I wouldn't get carried away either, the first 2 goals were shocking things, you'd hardly see defending like...
  8. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lehane has been excellent so far in league
  9. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I said TOM wasn't a certain starter. MC would be a certainty in my eyes
  10. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Everyone is a loss as it reduces options. But overall he probably wasn't a certain starter at present time so how much of a loss who knows.
  11. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Very hard on the management, you'd love if they could get a scenario where every single player was available for selection. Over the past few seasons there has always been someone missing
  12. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Some lads just seem to get zero luck with the injuries and the run of misfortune they get, Robbie Flynn is another
  13. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

They are definitely gone to Dingle for weekend, would be disastrous to pick up any injuries at this stage
  14. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You're comparing different eras really even though it doesn't feel that long ago, but it's 20 years or so which is long enough with how the game has evolved. It's impossible to compare players who played at different times. So we'll never know if Niall Mac would have done well and adapted his...
  15. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Tim O'Mahony is a decent player but isn't anywhere even remotely close to Niall McCarthy, to me there isn't even the possibility to compare them McCarthy is so far ahead
  16. L

The County Board Complaints Thread

That Mulcahy is one of the biggest spoofers seen online. Said a while back that hurlers learn nothing from using a ball wall, got into argument online with a lot of well known hurling people on the topic. Told them they were all wrong including Brian Whelahan from Offaly who was a hurler of...
  17. L

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Stick to the hurling on here. People's personal lives are their own business
  18. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Both teams were pretty poor I thought. Grand to get the win but I thought Cork were almost better in the 2 previous games they lost. Thought a lot of younger players struggled which is a pity but hopefully they will learn from it. Hard enough for management right now to figure out the 15 for...
  19. L

The County Board Complaints Thread

Great point. If done in stages at least cost can be somewhat monitored better. Bit like the old days where people would build a house and do it up room by room. But the modern way is to do everything without any patience but land yourself in the height of debt
  20. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agreed completely. The Cork full back line have often taken serious criticism but usually it's on a day where the ball is constantly coming in. As you say it's cutting out the supply that needs to be figured out