Search results

1. L

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

100% , all these inter county managements have a certain ego about them. They're not going to let politics get in the way of the glory that could come from winning.
  2. L

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

My own opinion is usually it's close enough to the best team picked for most championship games. Most managers are there for success and in some ways to boost their own reputation. To do that they need to win championships so they're almost always going to put the best team in the field, I don't...
  3. L

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

This is the way it happens in most counties. It's harsh but I understand it completely. If you have 12 lads not togging out but brought along they could probably distract the rest of the lads. It wouldn't be intentional but they know they aren't playing so could probably be laughing and messing...
  4. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Clare probably have a couple of calls to make too on their team. Does Tony Kelly start? Do they change goalkeeper?
  5. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I promise I'm not Donal Og 😂 He just named the same 4 players on The Sunday Game
  6. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Thought he did everything correct. Got hooks and blocks, defended well. Gave good ball out from the back to players in better positions. No score off him till 71st min despite a lot of ball going in. Only my opinion obviously but I didn't see a problem there
  7. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Probably too disappointing to even write much this evening. To me Sean O'Donoghue, Alan Connolly, Shane Barrett , Darragh Fitzgibbon I think were probably only players that you'd say did themselves justice consistently over the 70 mins. Other players did bits and pieces but not enough. I would...
  8. L

The Hurling Thread

I don't think it was a square ball. Gillane was outside as Hegarty was lining up shot. Ball entered square at opposite side to where it was finished so was in square before Gillane ran in
  9. L

The Hurling Thread

100% , they could go either way now next week. Hopefully a bit deflated and tired bodies. They'll need to make a few calls on team too.
  10. L

The Hurling Thread

The goals were shocking though too. Limerick will gain a lot from winning playing so poor. If beaten it would have shook them. A huge opportunity lost. Ideal for Limerick now, should be handy win vs Tipp. Plus a few bigger names taken off who'll now be out to prove themselves
  11. L

The Hurling Thread

Feck Clare anyway, this was a chance to rattle Limerick for year ahead.
  12. L

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Would Limerick just have one team in it? Not bad by west Cork if so. To be fair all the Cork sides seem to be doing well as in many cases they're playing counties with just one team. Still think the way Cork do it is better long term, more lads getting a chance
  13. L

The Hurling Thread

So would I, think there will be a change there before throw in. Wouldn't rule out T.Kelly and D.McInerney starting either
  14. L

The Hurling Thread

The loser of Limerick Clare should still get through easily enough I think. Can't see where else they'd lose a game
  15. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Training and the recent challenge games
  16. L

The Hurling Thread

Wow that's nasty sounding. Never heard it happening before to be honest. And thinking about it I'm surprised refs haven't got a bad injury more often. And that was u14 too, imagine getting a sliotar full on to the head at senior level
  17. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ya played vs Clare
  18. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm happy with that team. Delighted to see Twomey starting, wasn't sure if he was fully fit or not. Eoin Downey unlucky, Coleman starting pushed Mellerick to the corner otherwise I'm sure ED would be at no.2 People complaining about Lehane starting can't have watched the league, he was...
  19. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He was playing in the league?
  20. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Clubs can find a day, time that suits both. I wouldn't mind a game on early Sunday, especially if it was in east Cork or on the way. Game in Waterford not till 4 so you'd be down. But anyone at a game in Timoleague at 12.30 isn't going to Waterford. Bit surprised at Cloyne, I'd have always...