Search results

1. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I must watch the game again but both Tony and Tim played on for most of the game at least and Tony stood out in the U-21 final a week later in Cork's win over Galway and was the highest scorer in that championship. He was also older than 19, in fact he was 21 at the time and he was the oldest...
  2. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Taking out any player isn't a size related issue, it can happen to any player on any given day. Cork as a team were over confident in the '82 final as acknowledged afterwards by their captain JBM. The whole team were caught with their guard down.
  3. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

A powerhouse of Cork hurling Tim Crowley was also taken out by Frank Cummins in the same game which was a lesser challenge than the Prendergast one. Cummins went on to dominate mid-field and was instrumental in a couple of Christy Heffernans goals that day. Crowley was a complete physically...
  4. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I would think Timmy Wilk is a better player facing the ball. When Cork won the AI minor in '21 Wilk was wing-back. He played half-forward in '22 but it was mainly to cover for the loss of Michael O'Driscoll as he had played mid-field in challenges before championship. There's possibly up to 7...
  5. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

TAN I'm sure Timmy Wilk and James O'Brien of Fermoy played in at least one of those games when McAdoo and Cashman didn't play. Just saw they played v KK on Feb. 10th, O'Brien was right corner-back and Wilk was left corner-back.
  6. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I believe the captain Darragh O'Sullivan was not playing, he may be ruled out for the first couple of championship games.
  7. C

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Timmy Wilk was corner-back in U-20 challenge games v Galway in Pairc Ui Chaoimh before the Waterford league game and also v Kilkenny in the Pairc.
  8. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don't believe it's anything to do with size, this Cork team are far from small and it's about the fight in the dog but carried through collectively which has not been the case for a long time. Cork need to be smarter if they need anything beyond staying together in heated exchanges. Also...
  9. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agree but fire with fire has to be a mentality from the entire set-up and management should be key but they weren't last year and there isn't any sign they're going to be any different this year. There wasn't a dickiebird out of Pat Ryan regarding the two assaults on Fitzy you refer, I was...
  10. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Corkfan82 It's more than tactictal, it is pure filth and there shouldn't be any place in the game for this crap. The real problem lies in championship when there won't be any cards branded for same as in the league and the GAA hierarchy won't bat an eye lid once the taxpayer and JP's money...
  11. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

First of all missing it is the key along with of course connecting with the guy in possession. Did you see the reaction of the Limerick player that flick connected with, if it's not a yellow for Cody then the ref needs to deal with that Limerick player. Agree regarding Casey and their...
  12. C

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Thanks Goat1. I think the writing was on the wall regarding the same management struggling with the same group of players at U-15 and then other players not involved. Hope I'm proven wrong soon but Tipp are one of the favourites for the AI. However if players are 'nailed on' how would one...
  13. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Peter Casey's red was a spot on red but the 2nd incident by Eoin Cody merited another yellow. This flick with the hurley to the hand, stomach or private parts when the opponent is in posession should at least be yellow and 2 yellows equal a red. The Limerick player who received the flick...
  14. C

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

I heard Cork minors were playing in Mallow on Saturday. I don't even know the opposition, does anyone know anything about the game?
  15. C

Cork Footballers

C. O'C is not a natural 12. Played there at senior & U-20 inter-county and the switch to mid-field improved him considerably, I'd keep him there!. O'Hanlon is not a 70 plus minutes player but is a good free taker off the ground which is not utilised when he's on the pitch by this management...
  16. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

SUNDAY GAME or LEAGUE SUNDAY RTE 2 at 9.30.
  17. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If they graft enough for others to score heavily there's no problem especially in a contest that was well and truly over early on. Deccie Daltons piece of skill to set up Brian Hayes for a well taken point was class combination play between 2 of the half-forwards which I didn't see in the other...
  18. C

The Hurling Thread

This game was filthy, outside of the frees Galway should have 2 players sent off but it seems because they had 3 sent off v Dublin nothing is done by a poor ref and the GAA. Shefflin calls this physicality, Mother of God!
  19. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was thinking the same but Darragh didn't play centre-forward in last years league and played there against Waterford and Clare in championship. If PR and the selectors have something up their sleeve I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy O'Connell plays at 11 although it is unlikely...
  20. C

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The management could play Darragh at centre-forward and Tim O'Mahony at mid-field and Tim's greater physacility should compliment Tommy somewhat more than Darragh. The other likely options for No. 11 are Harnedy and Lehane. I will be surprised if Coleman, O'Flynn or Twomey start v Waterford...