Search results

1. A

Rugby World Cup 2023

In the event of both teams getting bonus points and Scotland winning , it might be more nuanced than that, as SA will surely have 15 points as well meaning a 3-way tie with each team having beaten one of the others. Points difference is the next tiebreaker after head to head.
  2. A

UTMB

Only just after getting back into running myself after a long hiatus. Here in the States, the ultra-distance stuff seems to have a very big pull for people. I think there's an idea that if I can't be fast anymore, I'll shoot for distance. I just want to run a faster parkrun, but it is mad to see...
  3. A

Cork U2O Football 2023

It should, and it probably does, but it ignores the potential loss of talent of late developers. Somebody said it before - in Kerry, they pick footballers first and make them big if they have to - in Cork, we pick them big first and try to turn them into footballers. The numbers bear out which...
  4. A

Cork U2O Football 2023

Well said. That's the point exactly!
  5. A

Cork U2O Football 2023

That's the point exactly. We always do get 30 lads at every grade, and they're generally lads that dominate physically at underage, but then don't have the skill for Senior.
  6. A

Cork U2O Football 2023

Why isn't bio banding brought into Cork GAA? If there is one thing that is absolutely dogging Cork football, it's that our teams are largely populated by big, but for the most part, unskillful footballers whose only tactic seems to be trying to burst through gaps that aren't there at the top...
  7. A

Cork Footballers

We're team number 15 now. We're behind the 11 teams higher than us in the league, Westmeath, Sligo/New York, and now Clare/Waterford. All depends on who gets to the Ulster and Leinster finals.
  8. A

Cork Footballers

RTE is showing Mayo v Roscommon on Sunday. I know they're both D1 teams, and it is the highest profile match available, but is there more at stake in that than the Cork Clare match?
  9. A

Cork Footballers

Great point! What's the point of the GPS trackers if it's only used as a tool to get more effort? Sometimes it should be used to help people modify their effort.
  10. A

Junior A Football Championship 2022

Respect to Urhan. One game to be ready for all year, and they win it.
  11. A

Cork Footballers

Depends on the "county." USGAA Nationals are done by the 3rd Sunday in August this year. Divisional Championships, i.e. Chicago, San Fran, etc. might last up until the week before that. New York has a lot more variability. Not sure when the Senior finals are. Seem to remember them being in...
  12. A

Cork Footballers

My overall takeaway from this season is that the bloodletting feels like it's stopped. That could be overly optimistic, but that's how it feels to this Cork supporter.
  13. A

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Has that happened much or ever before?
  14. A

Cork Footballers

The first thing noticeable about Jimmy's analysis was that he was completely unwilling to lick Kerry's hole in any way, shape, or form unlike the RTE crew. The second thing was that he had no problem saying that the ref rode Cork.
  15. A

The Hurling Thread

Not alone.
  16. A

Cork Footballers

"Given the issue was of Cork’s making, there is a high degree of dissatisfaction with the entrenched position of their football squad and management." That line caught my attention.
  17. A

Qatar 2022..

Can be New Zealand if they win, but cannot be Costa Rica because of the U.S.
  18. A

Qatar 2022..

So I don't think they can get Canada as well because they come from the same federation the U.S.
  19. A

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Is it just me or are Kilkenny at another level when it comes to pulling and dragging without getting a foul called?
  20. A

Cork Footballers

I think the point is that if a 14 year old is on both development squads, he's taking away a spot from another 14 year old who could be on one or the other squad, which means that Cork is developing one player that will ultimately have to choose one code as an adult anyway instead of 2. What...