Search results

1. R

How many Pride weekends are there?

The general discussion was about 12yo's, that has been constant throughout this debate, I threw out 14 on a whim as a matter of making a point. If you want to have a serious discussion don't resort to sly undermining techniques. Surely the question should be why do you think they should be...
  2. R

So let me get this straight, you think that stuff such as handjobs and blowjobs should be included in sex education material for 12yo's? Really? If you actually think that that is appropriate then just forget it, we are absolutely miles apart on this.
  3. R

The latter obviously but that's not what I am referring to! Can people not read anymore? I specifically said sex education SHOULD BE GIVEN. I don't however classify blowjobs or handjobs as requisite sex education material.
  4. R

There is a big difference between sex education and sex advice! No 14yo needs to be reading about handjobs.
  5. R

Ah it's a safe assumption alright. And I'm not naive enough to think that young teens aren't curious about sex but there is a big difference between young girls talking amongst themselves and them accessing material to read on the subject. What is with this obsession with exposing young people...
  6. R

Lucky for all of us I think that standard is pretty well established.
  7. R

There is always room for improvement. It is after all humans that make these decisions and as we all know humans are idiots.
  8. R

Ok my 14yo... point still stands. There should be a standard. (and no obviously I have nothing to back that up, call it a safe assumption.)
  9. R

Thats good to know. Do you agree that those standards should be in place?
  10. R

So any book, written by any person, covering any topic should be placed in the young adult section and made available to young people to read just so long as it is aimed at them? You don`t think there should be any sort of vetting or a standard as to what constitutes suitable for young people...
  11. R

So you don`t think there should be a standard when it comes to what books should be allowed in the child`s section of a library?
  12. R

What? Prove me wrong if you disagree.
  13. R

A Trans person should be afforded all the rights and privileges that every other person in society should be afforded and treated with the same respect that everyone should be treated with BUT they shouldn't be allowed to rewrite the facts. A trans woman is NOT a woman, a trans woman is just...
  14. R

I probably addressed one of your points in the post I made immediately before yours. I absolutely think that parents should vet what material their children are reading but I also think that organisations such as libraries can meet them half way. As I said a library isn't the internet. Your...
  15. R

Exactly and as Hank says this responsibility isn't just a case of watching over their shoulder, requesting that they don't have access to inappropriate material in areas that should be considered free from such also falls under that remit. The child's section in a library isn't the internet...
  16. R

For some bizarre and very concerning reason the line between teaching children about homosexuality and transgenderism and exposing them to sexuality explicit material has become very blurry. They don't and shouldn't go hand in hand. Take a gay pride parade. I would have no problem taking my...
  17. R

Your Mental Health

I've been there Stuff_y. It's hard watching them slowly drift away. There's nothing really to say except it's going to suck for a while. It will slowly get better as time goes on though.
  18. R

We have a right as parents to be concerned how the issue of transgenderism is being taught to our children. It is one thing to make children accepting of it and another to normalize it. There is loads of evidence to show that children and young teenagers in particular are highly susceptible to...
  19. R

The I did. What exactly did he say that could be construed as homophobic because I'm failing to see it? And be advised if your going to take your usual childish name calling, keyboard warrior, one-upsmanship type approach then I'm not going to engage with you. If you want to have an adult...
  20. R

In much the same way that everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion is a homophobe.