Search results

1. S

Thomas Pynchon Question.

Is Gravity's Rainbow worth a read? I wonder if it hasn't dated significantly.
  2. S

the fear of latch on

it would put you off engaging with a dodgy looking sort. people should offer no latch on guarantee.
  3. S

things british people love

I speak here for and of the (often) silent majority - certainly those south of say yorkshire, so all of southern england and wales. the monarchy nuclear submarines and the tridents specifically the army in general sausages cooked such that their is the merest hint of a thin light brown...
  4. S

best ocean

the pacific has an exotic allure but the good old atlantic we know and if not love, at least respect. are the others even in the conversation? i suppose if you've a particular longing for rock hard ice.
  5. S

christmas jumpers

I think they are stupid and annoying and false fun.
  6. S

what was your favourite childhood car?

there was a mazda 818 estate we had with a big boot area you could play in while on the road, accessible over the rear seat. i recall it with a measurement of fondness. that's right, it's a things you remember from when you were a smallie thread.
  7. S

Should there be another united ireland thread/poll?

Poll to follow.
  8. S

famous books you started but never finished

Ulysses Catch 22 War and Peace. I'll likely never finish any of them now. Certainly not catch 22 which I thought was garbage.
  9. S

Furnishing a newly bought apartment with jizz

Tribute thread.
  10. S

full bird or crown?

I'm leaning toward bird this year. I like a bit of leg. Needless to say mother dearest wants the crown. The queen of England.
  11. S

ireland 2022 world cup qualifying campaign

Draw is on 7th December at 5pm. Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Croatia, Germany, Netherlands Pot 2: Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, Wales, Austria, Ukraine, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia, Romania Pot 3: Russia, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Hungary, Czech Republic...
  12. S

grinds

did you ever do grinds for the leaving? because you didn't pay enough attention in school and weren't sharp enough to cover it up through sheer charm and intellect? or because DADDY wanted his darling to get the A1? ah the grinds game. i guy i know went to one in the middle of town, can't...
  13. S

what are you after in a partner?

officially my position is now "consent + pulse" but in an ideal world, what are you after? 1. slim i'm showing my hand up top, placing this as the key criterion. is it non-negotiable? not quite but not far off. 2. nice hair hair is very important to me. nice hair that is. 3. pretty yes...
  14. S

The thread about chairs, bunnies and resentment

bugs bunny had sort of a Groucho Marx vibe.
  15. S

popular tv shows you could never get into

there's probably a similar thread to this lost in the mists of time. but anyway. i'm referring to shows which you tried to like/watch but it didn't work out. bojack horseman i must have give this 5 or 6 tries and it simply didn't take. i'm not against animated shows; i've watched all the F is...
  16. S

which celeb would you like to be isolating with?

for me it would have to be some babe obviously, but a babe you'd think that given enough time with you'd have some sort of a shot. which reduces the field immeasurably to be fair. please refrain from 'my husband / kid / girlfriend' type replies - unless they are celebs in which case, pics or...
  17. S

the cinema going experience

I'm not sure I'm too crazy about it. The other people. I'd like to have a drink, but I don't want to have to pee. Not cheap either. Yet some people claim to really love it. List it as a hobby (It's not a hobby). I'm not sure if I understand these people. I'm going to give going to the...
  18. S

reading old emails from ex girlfriends / boyfriends

this is healthy right? reading like, 15 year old emails? it's cool, right?
  19. S

beat the clock

anyone here remember 'beat the clock' where pints would be £1 at 5pm then increase on the hour? it might have only been nancy spains that did this. is the whole concept banned now?
  20. S

things women like

imma get in trouble for this one I reckon. 1. candles 2. cushions 3. security (aka money)