Search results

1. H

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

lol.. I had just finished explaining to the youngfella that he’s worse than Nunez :lol!:
  2. H

the wine thread

Ha.. Always up for a wine project! Ive been giving Italian sweet wines a go over the last while but infrequently, they make some amazing stuff. The likes of reccioto is the obvious one but I prefer the white vin santos from the north, absolutely superb. Same in the south, some of the passitos...
  3. H

the wine thread

Interesting read! I know nothing at all about sherry, sounds like a complex enough affair. That’s system of stacking the barrels and drawing off the bottom makes so much sense! How would it compare with port to taste?
  4. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The 1902 and 03 wins against London were sweet considering they beat us in 1901!
  5. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

fair enough, but that doesn't guarantee that he wont go well this year, nor does anything else guarantee that he will! He's a senior player, has massive influence in our HF line on his day and is only coming back to match fitness - I'd trust him to do it
  6. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It’s time to wheel out the minors alright! I’d be leaving Harnedy and Hoggie be FWIW, to beat Clare Seamie will be vital
  7. H

the wine thread

I bow to your local knowledge Lee! I know nothing at all about sherry.. when I was on a J1 in America my moons ago I worked in a kitchen and the head chefs punishment for any mistake was to drink a shot of cooking sherry which was foul.. it put me off for good!
  8. H

Training Run Times

:lol!:
  9. H

the wine thread

Who knows - Sherry wouldn't really be my thing but I'd appreciate the gift and give it a lash!
  10. H

Training Run Times

Th That’s a big run JimmY, nice work BTW - I presume there’s a reason the post stopped suddenly when you hit the hallowed turf of Noel Murphy’s?! Nollaig outside in his wife beater and shorts hailing you in?
  11. H

the wine thread

I’ve never had it Fed, but Googleised it quickly out of interest. I think it’s a bottle of sherry you have there as opposed to wine, but it is a very good one with a good bit of aging.
  12. H

the wine thread

Jesus.. I’d be buying boxes of it off him for that! And Id have another box of the Alberdi reserva at €15! I’d throw some of the Condado de Haza Reserva in too - beautiful wine. The Valdemar reserva is also decent value but I’m not the biggest fan. Pity he doesn’t have more priorat.. my...
  13. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yep.. still not sure it was the right decision because a goal was never guaranteed either. It wasn't the losing of the match one way or the other
  14. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Its Reckuf just spamming the place FFS the reaction to the result has been understandable, so much build up, so much disappointment and the possibility that we are done and watching others light the championship up again.. but lads calling for Kingston is amusing me. He was to never see a Cork...
  15. H

Training Run Times

Nice going MarkY, good to see you stretching it out again. I had the same run Sat morning in the sunshine.. gloroius morning for it, went out to do 10km but carried on as I was enjoying it. Unfortunately the youngfella had a match so I had to cut it at that. 11.25km @ 5.06 pace
  16. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Why even respond to that type of rubbish?
  17. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Leaving team selection and reluctance to make changes aside - can anyone explain the puck out strategy to me? We knew how Waterford would set up defensively, we knew what Davys approach would be and they’d pack that HB zone.. and we still go and puck the majority of them long and Waterford eat...
  18. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

And the rest.. FFS!
  19. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Are you taking the piss? Have you watched no championship hurling in years? CL was never going to work out.. Stevie fucking Wonder could see it
  20. H

John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

Yep, no explanation, nothing. Just check back in winter and we might have something Nice one.. imagine a presentation like that in a proper company with a board and shareholders!