Search results

1. Roxetten

Annie McCarrick

The disappearance of Annie McCarrick is back in the news again as new evidence is emerging, it seems that the details of her final movements as published were incorrect and that she had been having difficulties with a male known to her, so it's looking as though she was killed by someone she...
  2. Roxetten

The Official 2022 Idiot Of The Year Poll

The Official 2022 IOTY Poll is here. Only posters with 500 posts or who have made a significant contribution to the forum in 2022 may vote. The votes of recognised alts will be counted so long as they don't try and vote more than once, in which event we will carefully review each vote on a...
  3. Roxetten

Budget 2023

Businesses with soaring energy bills will be given up to €10,000 a month while welfare rates will increase by €12 under an overall budgetary package worth €10 billion being unveiled by the Coalition on Tuesday. The final details of Budget 2023 were agreed on Monday night and will be announced...
  4. Roxetten

Westmeath car fire: Woman arrested.

Gardaí investigating the fatal car fire in Co Westmeath earlier this month that the claimed the lives of two children have arrested a woman in her 40s. Thelma (5) and Mikey Dennany died in the blaze on September 9. In a statement today gardaí said: “Gardaí investigating the circumstances...
  5. Roxetten

Disney+

Just wondering, what is the opinion here on Disney+, is it worth getting? What kind of stuff is on it? The only reason I'm thinking of signing up is to watch the Beatles Get Back documentary, I can't see myself using it much after that but if it had kids stuff or anything that might be of...
  6. Roxetten

Sealioning, a bad scene.

I've just come across a term that describes the tactic of certain posters on here, past and present, you try and enlighten them with your hard won wisdom which you have gained on the battlefield of life and they waste your time in asking endless questions to try and trip you up and make you look...
  7. Roxetten

Will you be cheering for England tonight?

A thorny issue for some, it's a political and cultural question so posting here instead of in the SF. I can't in good conscience support them because of the appalling behaviour of some of their fans in jeering at opposing fans and booing the national anthems of their opponents. I hope Italy...
  8. Roxetten

BOI Mobile Banking App

Anyone else here having trouble with this? I got locked out of my account on Thursday and can't get back in. I spoke to a person about it on the phone and she apparently unlocked me but to no avail. I appreciate the fact that most of you on here don't have bank accounts so this question is...
  9. Roxetten

The Official Toyah Wilcox Appreciation Thread

I really don't know what to say. I'll just leave this here. khkKfMotNoI
  10. Roxetten

Bishop Con Lucy Park

The Green party councillor Oliver Moran wants Bishop Lucy Park to be renamed in the light of the mother and baby homes report. He also wants the prayer before council meetings to be scrapoed and he wants some bridge near Bessborough to be renamed because it's name has Catholic connotations...
  11. Roxetten

A Ghastly Future Awaits Planet Earth

People can't say they haven't been warned : ‘A ghastly future’: Leading scientists offer bleak prediction for civilisation Biodiversity loss and climate change coupled with inaction ‘threatens survival of all species’...
  12. Roxetten

2020 - Your Highs And Lows.

Maybe it's time to look back at a tumultuous year and to consider your highs and lows from whatever standpoint, be it cultural, sporting, personal or current affairs related. Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion's song WAP was both a high and a low for me tbphwy. :( In news terms Trump's attempts to...
  13. Roxetten

The Official 2020 IOTY Poll

The Official IOTY Poll 2020. Only posters with 1000 posts may vote. The votes of recognised alts will be counted. I have included my own name as a gesture of goodwill and magnanimity. The adjudicator will have the final say on disputed votes.
  14. Roxetten

Robert Fisk RIP

Veteran journalist and author Robert Fisk dies aged 74. Veteran foreign correspondent and author Robert Fisk has died after suffering a suspected stroke at his Dublin home. It is understood the journalist became unwell on Friday and was admitted to St Vincent’s hospital where he died a short...
  15. Roxetten

Budget 2021

The largest budget in the state's history. Paschal is on his feet right now. What a time to be alive. The Package - In the region of €20 billion - of that €14bn has already been earmarked, in particular for Covid-19 supports. Economy - A €3bn- €5bn kickstart which will provide an additional...
  16. Roxetten

UFOS over Cork city

Anyone else seeing these floating objects in the sky over the city? They're like miniature parachutes Edit: They're chinese lanterns but with no lights on them.
  17. Roxetten

Attributes you are looking for in a wife.

A lot of us menfolk are at a stage in life where we are thinking of settling down and finding a wife, we have sown our wild oats but now realise that life moves on and that the next exciting stage beckons. So, bearing that in mind, what should attributes should a man be on the look out for...
  18. Roxetten

Laptop CD Burner Issue

My laptop is old but has windows 10 and it's running fine but any time I try to burn a music cd it won't play in my car stereo or any other stereo for that matter. It has burned a fair few music cds in it's time. I wonder is there any fix?
  19. Roxetten

Is it time to ban the sale of alcohol in Ireland?

Seriously, most of the problems with people not obeying the covid-19 regulations are alcohol related, be it in pubs which are flouting the rules or people having house parties where people are turning their front rooms into pubs. A blanket ban on all sales of alcohol would put manners on this...
  20. Roxetten

Say no to bullying.

This is a tough watch, but it shows the serious side to the notion of just being kind. Such a pity that there is such nastiness in the world. uZo4oEOmz3s&t=137s