Search results

1. D

Cork Footballers

No we wouldn't have. Plus it was a penalty.
  2. D

Cork u20 Football 2024

Have Doneraile no minor team or was it his choice? Huge disappointing for a club to lose a player like that. Hopefully he comes back to them at adult level. Especially to a big town team who should be producing their own talent.
  3. D

Cork Footballers

Cork GAA has suffered big time from making excuses about referees. We do as a county like to blame the ref as an excuse more often than not
  4. D

Cork Footballers

There was no nonsense to my post, I was simply saying there was a bit of an overreaction to Murphy leaving the panel. Our only judgment of him as a player is at U20s, which guarantees you nothing. As his club is at a lower level, it's hard to really judge him off that. I totally agree with you...
  5. D

Cork Footballers

Time for some common sense here. While I don't blame him for leaving the panel, I don't agree with you about his talent. I think we are putting Blake Murphy on a pedastal and I think there is a slight overreaction here. It must be very frustrating for him and others especially when the...
  6. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

And rightly so. The most important position in the pitch. A problem area for years. Leave him there and no where else.
  7. D

Cork Footballers

It's not really technical. This is standard now. Nearly every ref will give a free for this.
  8. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That's the obvious thing but will the management try it? Our best backline currently is ED DC SOD GM CJ RD Don't think there is better options than that personally. I believe TOC will hold onto a spot in midfield, the other position is really up for grabs especially with Roche out of form...
  9. D

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I would slightly disagree with you on this. I was really impressed with Hayes yesterday, he was a threat all the time and looked very lively and willing to go at his man. However, for a big man I don't think he offers a lot physically or in the air. I think this is what we hoped for when he...
  10. D

Cork Footballers

I think the genuine supporter does actually care. Why pick a dummy team? What are we afraid of by not naming the actual starting team that will line out? Is it going to give Fermanagh an advantage? The best teams do it for the most part. Supporters are sick and tired of Cork football at the...
  11. D

Cork Footballers

So much wrong in this county, even the small things, and it all adds up. Páirc Uí Chaoimh is a disadvantage to the Cork footballers. Every footballer in the country would like to play there. Beautiful surface. After Croke Park I'm sure it's the next place players would like to play. Our games...
  12. D

Cork Footballers

More injuries? Were Meehan and Doyle togged today?
  13. D

Cork Footballers

Only because he was dropped for the Louth game, unless something might have changed since then.
  14. D

Cork Footballers

My guess for named team tomorrow but won't start like this. 1) Patrick Doyle (Knocknagree) (2) Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty) (3) Daniel O'Mahony (Knocknagree) (4) Tommy Walsh (Kanturk ) (5) Luke Fahy (Ballincollig) (6) Sean Meehan (Kiskeam) (7) Matty Taylor (Mallow) (8) Ian Maguire (St...
  15. D

Cork Footballers

You know what, they'll know how to spend it properly too. Like the 7m they spent on an actual centre of excellence compared to our embarrassment.
  16. D

Club transfers 2024

Have all these transfers been ratified and gone through? And are these players free to play now or must they sit out for 48 weeks?
  17. D

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

An almighty collapse. As you say, the Corkness disease is rife. You could see that there was too many Cork hurlers on that team
  18. D

Cork Footballers

Cork are back training since start of November at a minimum. Loads of time there for a block of hard training. I think Cork would have targeted to win these 2 games rather than taking calculated risks.
  19. D

Cork Footballers

This team surely does not start after shipping a beating first day out. What are the likely changes? O'Mahony, Cronin, Sherlock to come in?
  20. D

Cork Footballers

It is quite simply remarkable that in 2023 the Cork senior football teams only kickout is an overload. It's a not a kickout strategy. When I saw our first kickout I was in shock. We have junior and intermediate teams across the county with better plans. If you don't have good enough players...