Search results

1. J

Murder of a GAA chairman

Rte doc tomorrow night on the murder of Sean Brown chairman og Bellaghy GAA club He was kidnapped and then murdered by loyalists, Some claim RTE are a "west brit" organisation but in fairness they have also done some good programmes on the murder of Aidan Mcanesie.
  2. J

Alf Mccarthy RIP

May he rest in peace,
  3. J

The smoking ban 20 years on.

A brave decision by MM. He faced down objections from the vintners lobby who claimed it would be the death knell for irish pubs , Many of these publicans didnt give a damn about the health of their staff, Memories of coming home from nights out and the smell of smoke off your clothes .
  4. J

Rochfords lane

Read an article yesterday on how city council intend improving certain streets in city centre, Rochfords lane was mentioned, Is that off oliver plunkett st leading to the mall? near sidetrax,
  5. J

Drugs seized in Leap

Reports of a large consignment seized in Leap this evening.
  6. J

Operation Kenova

Findings of the kenova report have been released, I was going to say shocking stuff, But in reality nothing about what went on up there surprises me, The report doesnt name Scappatici but the dogs in the street know it was him, Some of those accused of been informers were...
  7. J

CLLR Brian Mccarthy

Pbp cork city cllr. caused a stir recently when he tweeted that gardai are not impartial and the force is institutionally corrupt, There were stormy scenes in city hall following his tweet. A FG. motion expressing confidence in the gardai was carried 27 to 3, Mccarthy, Bogue and Tynan voted...
  8. J

Exemption from Gaeilge

Our young fella will be starting secondary school in september, I contacted the secondary school last week to fill them in on his needs and what help we will hope he gets, The teacher i spoke to asked if he has an exemption from gaeilge? I said on his diagnosis from seven years...
  9. J

Sherkrainian

A ukrainian couple who met when relocated To sherkin island fell in love and got married have now welcomed a baby to the family, #cantcope. # imnomoregood
  10. J

Chorley Fc

Ex Boyzone members and Brian Mcfadden are said to be interested in becoming major shareholders in non league club Chorley fc, Peter kay & Paddy Mcguinnes show Max & Paddy featured an ad... sponsored by Chorley FM where the listener comes first and also...
  11. J

Barry John rip

Another great gone,
  12. J

Baur media cash machine

Bit of controversy over this, Baur have 5 stations including red fm, it costs 2.50eu to enter each time, there are stories of people spending a lot of money every month chasing the pot of gold,
  13. J

Child maintenance payments

A working group has recommended those who refuse to pay child maintenance could have the money deducted from their social welfare, I feel they should not just mention those on social welfare but also those who are working, I fully agree that anybody refusing to pay should be made pay.
  14. J

JPR Williams rip

passed away tonight, christ im making a habit of breaking the news of these deaths.
  15. J

Franz Beckenbaur rip

Died today,, one of the greats,
  16. J

Con O Leary rip

Con the robber has passed away, rip
  17. J

Sunderland fc

What were they thinking decorating one of their hospitality areas in Newcastle colours for tonights match? Football needs an edge and a bit of tribalism and even hatred,
  18. J

Oldies & Irish goes Bang..ish

Show cut from 10am -2pm To 12pm---2pm to fit in Tubs show,
  19. J

The wren boys

Is this a thing on st Stephens day? For many tomorrow is xmas...bookies,pub, bookies, pub, grub , pub, chipper, Or in Nollaig o murchu case... Tuesday
  20. J

Cocaine seizure sth armagh

Over 11 million eu worth of cocaine seized by the PSNI in Sth Armagh, I wonder will Conor Murphy update Daftbrush on the investigation?