Search results

1. G

4 police shot dead and 7 injured in Dallas

At a protest march in response to the two sickening killings of black men caught on video in Minnesota and Louisiana in recent days. Snipers opened fire on the police from positions overlooking the square where the march was taking place. Scary scenes. RIP to the 4 innocent policemen aswell as...
  2. G

Orlando nightclub shooting

Another massacre in the US. Still no confirmed reports of the shooters background or motivation but the authorities being interview seem to be hinting more towards the Islamic terrorism side of things rather than the crazy college kid side. Reports saying about 20 dead inside the club and many...
  3. G

Frenchman arrested planning EURO 2016 attacks

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36460569 A Frenchman detained last month with a large cache of arms was planning mass attacks during the Euro 2016 football tournament, which starts on Friday, Ukrainian officials say. The man, identified by French media as Gregoire Moutaux, 25, was...
  4. G

Student bus crash in Spain

At least 14 confirmed dead, still no confirmation of their nationalities yet, but believed to possibly be groups of foreign Erasmus students, plenty of Irish students head to spain for Erasmus. On their way back from a festival in Valencia. Horrible. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35855850
  5. G

Paralysed man walks again after surgical breakthrough

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/oct/21/paralysed-darek-fidyka-pioneering-surgery A man who was completely paralysed from the waist down can walk again after a British-funded surgical breakthrough which offers hope to millions of people who are disabled by spinal cord injuries. Polish...
  6. G

Your predicted PL XI 2014/15

Probably been done numerous times before but good at the start of each season to pick your best PL eleven who you think will go on to have great seasons. Might make for a good comparison at the end of the year to see who fulfilled expectations and who pushed on to really establish themselves...
  7. G

Premier League Goal of the Season 2013/14

With Shelvey just having scored a crazily good goal in the Swansea game it makes the list of contenders for goal of the season quite ridiculous this year. Best ever season for it in English football from my memory anyway. Good idea for a thread IMO, everyone feel free to add in your...
  8. G

Parking fine failed appeal

Received a parking fine back in December right outside my house. Had a parking permit for the area on the display but for some reason one of those clowns gave me a ticket anyway. Went in and appealed it, making sure that it clearly stated that my parking permit for the area was on display at the...
  9. G

Well done Jason Smyth

Surprised theres no thread for this. The guy certainly deserves it. Anyway, if you didn't know, Ireland's Jason Smyth is now the fastest Paralympic runner of all time and has taken home gold for Ireland in the T-13 100 metres final tonight. Jason has a hereditary, degenerative eye condition...
  10. G

Pep Guardiola to leave Barce at end of season?

Balague being saying it all day on twitter, nearly always spot on with everything La Liga related. His last tweet: Guillem Balague ‏ @GuillemBalague Pep told the club he wants 2 go (something he has been thinking about for 6 months). Club asked him 2 sleep on it.Tmrr confirmation I remember...
  11. G

DJ Carey rushed to hospital

Suspected heart attack http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2012/0424/318326-kilkenny-legend-dj-carey-taken-to-hospital/
  12. G

Michael Owen

Thoughts on him? Liverpool fans despise him. Newcastle fans despise him. Real Madrid fans don't remember him. United fans wont remember him. I follow his tweets for a good laugh. Always trying to stay relevant. "Us", "we" etc, if it wasn't for his tweets people would completely forget hes a...
  13. G

Tomas McCarthy

Anybody else heard of this fella? Have seen him around town a bit(hes fairly easy to recognize with his bandana and massive head of hair) but hes very talented in my opinion. This a video from him and his band on Balcony TV a month ago, pretty decent song, good Cork accent on him too when hes...