Search results

1. S

Which are the Terrorist States and Why?

In the wake of the Israeli Ambassador to Ireland claiming Ireland's recognition of Palestinian State would be rewarding terrorism, and Micheal Martin saying that's a ridiculous stance, I thought it might be interesting to get the opinion of people here as to what they consider to be a Terrorist...
  2. S

Finbarr sickly and posting out of sequence?

Anyone else finding their posts appearing out of sequence here. Might just be an issue on my side but there seems to be something very weird going on this morning with the way newer posts are appearing on thread pages before older posts. Would be good to know if it's a widespread issue or if I...
  3. S

2024 IOTY Repository

Now that the 2024 IOTY period is well under way, and following on from a rather successful IOTY competition, I'd humbly like to suggest there be Repository (steady jimmy, it's not the suppository that you're thinking of ;) ) in order to help whittle down the prospective candidates for IOTY 2024...
  4. S

Become a Blood Donor

OK I may not be everybody's cup of tea here but can I ask that you suspend your antipathy for me for a moment and, if you're reasonably healthy and under 65 (presumably most or even all here), you'd give serious consideration to becoming a Blood Donor. The Irish stocks of blood reserves are much...
  5. S

Speed Limits

After the recent upturn in Road Traffic Accident fatalities the Minister for State is recommending to local councils that speed limits be reduced. The problem is some roads (see link) aren't suitable for even half the speed legally permitted on the road sign, while other good wide roads are...
  6. S

Teddy Mac RIP

Just Heard 😔 Can't get over it. What a player on the big stage. He gave Cork supporters some great memories. May he rest in Peace and smile down on Cork
  7. S

Schools Rugby

CBC had a great win away from home against Crescent today having coughed up a big lead in the last minutes of the drawn game at Musgrave Park last week. Final on in Musgrave Park against Pres on 14th at 2
  8. S

FFG Government Ministers caught again

Seems Paschal is just the latest Government Minister caught being naughty. Top of the news in some outlets but here on PROC....Mick de dub is getting richer :rolleyes: Paschal took 7 years to check out to see if he overspent on his election campaign. His former Cabinet colleague and fellow...
  9. S

The Rich ARE getting richer

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/richest-1-bag-nearly-twice-much-wealth-rest-world-put-together-over-past-two-years#:~:text=The%20richest%201%20percent%20grabbed,half%20of%20all%20new%20wealth. and "Ireland’s disproportionately high number of 17 billionaires – the vast majority of whom...
  10. S

Whataboutery!

Before Johnny No-Sins "rocked" ;) up, when Our Lord said: "Let him without sin cast the first stone" I wonder if there were shouts of "That's just Whataboutery" from the usual mob of scribes and pharisees :unsure:
  11. S

Tragedy in Lebanon with Irish Peacekeepers

Desperately sad news coming out
  12. S

DIY Pro. Tip

Apologies to those of you who already knew (I didn't til he told me) the usually red-wheeled gate valve under yer sink for shutting off the inlet water mains if you want to plumb in something or say repair a washer on yer tap. Unless you're one of those people who regularly exercise the gate...
  13. S

"This Government has Blood on its hands"

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/1208/1340692-stephen-teap/ A man whose wife died of cervical cancer because two laboratories misread her smear tests has said his wife's blood is on the Government's hands. Stephen Teap was speaking after settling his High Court action against Clinical...
  14. S

The Unofficial Thread

Just wondering what the story is behind all of the "Official" such-and-such threads. 🤷‍♂️ People do know that this is an anonymous local message board right?
  15. S

How Ireland Works

https://www.irishtimes.com/abroad/2022/09/29/my-doctor-wife-and-i-had-no-chance-of-buying-a-house-so-weve-moved-abroad-and-life-is-much-better/ FFS what a sh*tshow that it's come to this. But shur no worries, we don't really need doctors because there's only another 400K on free doctors...
  16. S

Wonder if that hose-pipe ban in West Cork is over

Given the amount of rain that's fallen in the last couple of days. Absolutely torrential downpours
  17. S

SEAI heat and energy conservation sh*t show

It seems that in the next year there'll be only 1,000 retrofits completed from a waiting list of nearly 100,000 according to Tom Parland of the Construction Industry Federation. He says there's a very lengthy period of pay-back on Solar Panels too. As predicted the sale of Solar Panel generated...
  18. S

WTF is it with these red lines and the post you're responding to not appearing?

It's a complete pain in the aras!
  19. S

Brian Dillon Commemoration

There'll be a commemoration for IRB man Brian Dillon at Dillon's Cross tonight at 7PM on this the 150th anniversary of his death. A noted Cork Rebel https://issuu.com/galeguista/docs/a_cork_felon_the_life_and_death_of_
  20. S

Civil War Battle For Cork

Anyone here read John Borgonovo's Battle For Cork about the Free Staters landing in Passage West in behind IRA held Cork and then sweeping around through Rochestown, Douglas, and on into Cork. I think it was the begining of the end for the Republicans who then had a battle on a number of fronts...