Search results

1. G

FIFA World Cup 2030 - UK & Ireland

It's coming 'ome, it's coming 'ome it's coming.. footballs coming 'ome! The Football Association of Ireland is issuing the following statement in conjunction with the Irish Football Association, The FA, the Football Association of Wales and the Scottish FA: 1st Mar 2021 “The football...
  2. G

Irish international Football Thread

New regime about to kick off tonight in the nations league away to Bulgaria. Interesting team to start the Kenny reign. Randolph Doherty Egan Duffy stevens McCarthy Hourihane Hendrick O'Dowd Connolly Idah Bench a mix of experience and youth. Plenty of caps between Coleman McLean Brady Long...
  3. G

Printergate.

Yet more civil service incompetence or an easy mistake to make? Will heads roll or will some half wit get promoted?
  4. G

Cyclists

Good old Soundy, set in his ways and unwilling to listen to any facts or stats which might contradict his narrow world view. Index finger stuck in each ear as he touch types his essay responses to obscure sentences taken out of context. I hadn't realised the cycling thread was another of his...
  5. G

Sports Podcasts

Any good sports podcasts to reccomend? Something different to the off the ball/second captains generic stuff we all know about? The best I've listened to in a long time is Professor Ross Tuckers new one, he and Mike Finch host it and its riveting stuff. It's called the Real Science of Sport...
  6. G

Cyclists

Was in Dublin for a couple of meetings a few weeks back. I needed to get from Stoneybatter to Kevin Street so rather than walk or grab a taxi I decided to hire one of those city bike yokes. First and last time I do it in Dublin that's for sure! I tip my cap to anyone brave enough to cycle...
  7. G

Coal price hike.

Get yer winter's supply of coal in quick smart lads. It's about to rocket way up in price. Importers are raising their price and suppliers are expecting a hike in the duty also. Just got myself ten 20kg bags and my supplier said his next batch could be up to 40% more expensive. Save the pennies...
  8. G

All Island League

What do LOI fans make of this idea? A Kerry millionaire, Brian Kerr and Brendan Dillon involved. https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/daniel-mcdonnell-kerrs-backing-and-fai-crisis-is-helping-allisland-plan-gain-traction-38254672.html
  9. G

Buying cars across the 'border'

Has anyone here ventured up north to purchase a vehicle? Looking into changing her car and there appears to be good value up there at the moment. Can anyone shed some light on the best way to go about it? Or the do's and don'ts. Thanks.
  10. G

The Green Shoots Thread

A thread to discuss Irish players coming through. We all know about the likes of Nolan, Idah and Parrott at this stage. It would be great if some of these lads make it. Who else is out there? Ryan Cassidy at Watford looks a player.
  11. G

National Childrens Hospital

In the history of dreadful decisions made on behalf of the Irish tax-payer, this hospital is surely going to go down as the worst of them all.
  12. G

Whats'app

we've jumped the shark. It's gone beyond. There was a accident today on the m50 where a misfortunate woman lost her life in gruesome circumstances. Within hours of the accident happening there were images and videos of the horrific scene being shared through WhatsApp. Now whatever about the low...
  13. G

Gambling in Sport

i enjoy a flutter, i'm not very good at it so i tend to bet small but i'm worried. 60% of all clubs in EPL and Championship are sponsored by betting companies, 9 of 20 shirt sponsors in epl alone, and most of these betting companies dont even operate in the uk. ray winstone and his in play...
  14. G

Faster, Higher, Stronger

should be a good show. examines doping in top level sport. rte1 tonight at 9.35.
  15. G

Banners Broker

16. G

Did the Govt miss a trick on saturday?

phoenix park on saturday. should they not have just put a ring fence up around the place to cage in the scummers and wipe the fuckers out! letting out the decent folk carefully one by one once they passed a decent person test! nephew was at it, was the first ever gig he's been to. don't think...
  17. G

Veet for men - Amazon.co.uk reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0
  18. G

The Hurling Thread

again, for everything not Cork.
  19. G

The Gaelic Football Thread

for everything not Cork....
  20. G

Stiliyan Petrov

Appears he's been suffering with Acute Leukemia. Sad news http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1042451/aston-villa-midfielder-stiliyan-petrov-suffering-from-leukaemia?cc=5739