Search results

1. R

what's your favourite electro track? (yes, another electro thread)

what's your favourite electro track? (yes, another electro thread) all this electro dissing aside, there are actually some GOOD electro tracks out there... this thread is dedicated to those tracks... the positive side of electro... robot voices and 8 bit samplers kinda thing... plenty that I...
  2. R

what would you do if someone called your girlfriend a 'dirty bitch'

what would you do if someone called your girlfriend a 'dirty bitch' So I'm in cork, visiting from montreal, with my girlfriend whose from montreal... we're walking down oliver plunkett street past a pub and someone calls my girlfriend a dirty bitch... I heard it, but didn't take any notice...
  3. R

what's your favourite pop music?

just to get away from the trance/techno/house/electro tension... me, I like a lot of timbaland produced stuff gorillaz have some wicked tracks gnarls barkley's track last year was class... plus, the knife... although not chart toppers, there can be no denying their popness abba used...
  4. R

FYI crystal castles

crystal castles are playing tonight at the liquid lounge... I was surprised not to see any threads about it on the PROC music forum... these guys are fucking HUGE in canada and if I believe what I hear, about to be huge in the rest of the world also... worth checking out of a thursday night i...
  5. R

You tube

here's an idea I lifted off another forum... post your favourite youtube links here... i'll get it started http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTm2gVHBXKo I swear these girls are from montreal
  6. R

put your favourite mp3's on yousendit and post them here..

put your favourite mp3's on yousendit and post them here.. right, as it says on the tin (include song title and artist)... and why not? (aside from the blatant lack of legality, but we'll ignore that, being the good corkonians that we are) i'm gonna start with something mellow, because that's...
  7. R

online poker

i think i'm hooked... and the more i play, the more i get hooked... i'm up 300 dolla today though from a 20 dolla buy in... how bad?
  8. R

meh, electro

it seems to be everywhere these days.. everyone's harping on about it, and has been for the past year or more.. i'm a bit tired of it to be honest.. i haven't really heard that much good electro recently that doesn't sound generic and... meh... about 2 years ago i asked menno (cal's mate...
  9. R

S&M and fetishes

anyone here into a bit of torture, bondage, or whatnot?... any strange fetishes? it's not particularly my thing, but here in montreal it's a huge scene... it begs the question if anyone is actually into straight sex anymore... I'm trying to compare this to ireland where nobody really admits...
  10. R

bad taste jokes...

anybody have any?
  11. R

what are the PROC meetings like these days?

So, do ye still do PROC meetings anymore?... are they any good? who's the hottest girl? etc.etc... just curious really as I used to go to them, and to be fair, I did meet some fuckin cool people from this website, that i'd still be in contact with these days...
  12. R

firewire audio interface, madtheory, lookin at you in particular...

firewire audio interface, madtheory, lookin at you in particular... the E-mu I bought didn't work out because I have a PCI express slot and not a PCMCIA slot so I had to sell it on, big disappointment! can someone recommend a good firewire audio interface for me?... (not M-audio) what I have...
  13. R

Tiga

went to see him last night in montreal load of shit really... played all crowdpleasers and big tunes (e.g. tomas andersson - washing up), and his set got really monotonous after a while... he really just strikes me as a figurehead type... a bit of a fashion icon who plays music that lacks real...
  14. R

anyone have a link to that controller thread on the ableton forum?

anyone have a link to that controller thread on the ableton forum? y'know the one with all the possible controllers listed... cheers
  15. R

anyone remember the golden age of Irish country and western music?

anyone remember the golden age of Irish country and western music? Big Tom and all the lads... I think yer man sonny knowles was there too... he had a special wave as far as I remember... it was his 'thing' it only popped into my head the other day... the late eighties, the Irish country and...
  16. R

what's a good website to host your mix?

suggestions please thanks in advance
  17. R

how good are dem guitar pod thingies?

I'm all about minimising my setup into one bag so I can go anywhere and play without too many problems... because I play live guitar in my set, I've been using an amp and micing it up into my computer, applying real time FX etc., because plugging a guitar directly into an audio interface sounds...
  18. R

FAO Eoin

empty yer inbox der boy... trying to pm ya
  19. R

want to get a new graphics card for my laptop

I've got a dell inspiron 630m and the graphics card ain't the best... I've been told you can't get a PCI express graphics card for laptops, so what are the options? can you replace the graphics card you already have? or can you install an extra graphics card? cheers
  20. R

solid groove - this is sick

those of you who've heard this track, what's the verdict?