Search results

1. M

100,000 Posts - The Greatest Thread

The moment is finally approaching, it's the one we've all been waiting for... 100,000 post in the Twitter thread! And over 5 Million views, it's an incredible achievement really. Imagine every single person in Ireland viewing a single thread. Unreal. A special mention to proc's top posters...
  2. M

New Gmail Tap

A new gmail service which takes away the problem of the tiny keys on most smartphone keyboards. I'd say people will be very reluctant to use it because it's much harder than just typing the individual letters. You basically have to learn morse code. But I'd say once you get used to it it could...
  3. M

The Official 2012 Tennis Thread

The Australian Open has been pretty exciting so far. Yet again, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray are into the semis. It's incredible that the gap between the top four seeds and the rest has been maintained for so long. It'll be hard to pick a winner, Murray would be doing very well to beat...
  4. M

Quick Question...

I'm doing a research project on the effects of war on soldiers and I've checked online but can't find much info on soldier age profiles. By any chance does anyone know the average age of combat fighters in Vietnam?
  5. M

End of year romance reviews

I've been pretty romantic this year... Some fellas are pretty shit at it, and some girls don't have time for it. It's straight forward enough though really isn't it? Stay away anything too cheesy, make sure put a bit of thought into it and that's really all there is to it. I'll give myself...
  6. M

Best Thread of 2011

Pieces of string aside, we need to figure out the best thread of 2011. I'll come up with a few suggestions once I wake up and finish my coffee. Obvio Langers forum threads only... PTF Edit for the whingers: Thread has to have been started or have the majority of its posts in 2011 No limit...
  7. M

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?

What a woman... Someone throw up a youtube link there please, We'll meet again would do nicely. 94 years young she is too, some going
  8. M

What's Rutty's 50,000th post gonna be?

There's a decent chance that it will reference Nani, Socket or Bacardi Breezers. I've a feeling Rutty's gonna do something big though, either post a semi nude photo or else finally reveal whose alt she is. Not long to go now...
  9. M

MPs May Be Forced To Vote On Death Penalty

They might be debating the death penalty in parliament soon if this e-petitions scheme takes off... MPs May Be Forced To Vote On Death Penalty MPs could be forced into a landmark vote on the restoration of the death penalty because of a new e-petitions scheme. Commons leader Sir George...
  10. M

The Official Swimming Thread

There doesn't seem to be much talk of swimming here, but I know there are a good few posters who are regular swimmers so I thought I'd start a thread. The competitive scene seems to be pretty good in Cork these days, anyone involved?
  11. M

Signs that your marriage is in trouble...

When all is not well in paradise, some people do the silent treatment and some like to scream their heads off... I know there are plenty of married posters on here, do any of ye recognise some of these signs? These can obviously also be applied to most couples and not just the married ones...
  12. M

Terminal Cancer - Alice's Bucket List

This is the blog of a girl who's losing a four year battle with cancer. It really puts things into perspective. "I'm 15 and I have terminal cancer. I've created a bucket list because there are so many things I still want to do in my life ... some are possible, some will remain a dream. My blog...
  13. M

Do you believe in miracles?

...you sexy thing. Focusing on Lourdes in France... "Five million people a year visit the shrine where 67 accepted miracles and more than 7,000 cures have taken place." http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/40-years-of-miracles-2641522.html And if you don't believe, can a trip to Lourdes give...
  14. M

Teen reported missing in Midleton

Alright folks, just saw this, I thought it might be worth putting it up here to help bring it to people's attention. There's a photo of the girl in the link below. Gardaí at Midleton in Co Cork are seeking the public’s assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 15-year-old Shannon Collins...
  15. M

Are you hard to buy presents for?

I'm starting to realise that I am... I've just thought of a good few fairly expensive birthday presents that were never really used by me (some were never even opened). I'm fairly fussy about what I like and generally if there's something in particular I want then I'll let people know...
  16. M

Nicest thing that has ever been said to you?

Just to balance things out a bit with Mattie's thread getting everyone all down in the dumps... So what's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?
  17. M

You're a Paedophile

Yes, YOU. Everybody is a paedophile, claims man who admits incest A 51-year-old man who admits committing incest with his half-sister, told Gardaí he believed 'everybody' was a paedophile. The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is being sentenced today at the Central Criminal Court...
  18. M

Do you have a Valentine?

Well folks, it's that day again. The day to show just how much you care about that special someone in your life. Many people despise the day and all it stands for, but there's no getting away from it really. I suppose a valentine could be a husband/wife, a long term partner, someone you've been...
  19. M

If you die tomorrow...

Let's say you suddenly die tomorrow...get hit by a bus or whatever takes your fancy...Would people on here know that you were gone? Some posters have friends on here from real life. Some have facebook friends or have a similar online relationship with other members of the board. This ensures...
  20. M

Landmark Trial Collapses

This is awful to say the least. The trial of a Belfast man accused of murdering a taxi driver in the city almost four years ago dramatically collapsed at the Special Criminal Court in Dublin today. Prosecuting counsel Mr Michael Bowman BL told the court that the State was entering a "nolle...