Search results

1. S

No Mick Lyonses were harmed in the filming of this ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2SAsFPmQ0k&feature=relmfu
  2. S

If I was rich ... a really stinking rich Englishman

Like Anvil/Union Jack/Mr Bojangles... I would spend all my time posting on a Cork forum. And not actually enjoying the trappings of my good fortune. Course, if I was a fantasist of EPIC proportions I might spend all my days online making a jackass of myself, licking the ass of other idiots...
  3. S

Orders

Anyone remember them? You could use an 'order' to get 10/15% off purchases in the likes of Finns Corner, the Central, Bennetts, Leaders etc. I think the official name was BO'K trading cheques but I'm not 100% about that. It was some sort of money lending scheme as far as I know, where people...
  4. S

Ye didn't actually win the game YOURSELVES lads

Would it be too much to ask for a measured reaction from the SFI? Ye didn't win the game and while I appreciate that ye are delighted with the result, ye will really only be proved right if the next game Munster play will be in front of two men and a dog. Then, at least, ye can say that ye were...
  5. S

Killing Kittens

Any of the London-based proccers been? Sounds pretty hawt. http://www.killingkittens.com/
  6. S

Honesty

Can somebody please explain to me the meaning of the term "honesty" as used by rugby people (especially Munster)? I understand this: You can play, or you can't (i.e. some are not good enough to play at this level). You can play well, or badly (i.e. you might be good enough, but you might have...
  7. S

Should Dole be paid in vouchers?

e.g. Fuel Vouchers, Food Vouchers, Clothing, Petrol Vouchers*. Was reading throbbingworms thread where he tells us that he can only go to the pub 90% of the time when he's drinking. Poor guy has to do most of his 'gatting' at home! I have a pretty good salary and I can't afford to go the pub...
  8. S

National Radio Cabs

Listening to Off the Ball on Newstalk. There is an ad for National Radio Cabs on a pretty frequent rotation during the show. One of those ones where 2 people talk back and forth. The story is that she has changed the official taxi firm of their company to NRC. He says "Do you have shares in...
  9. S

Sir Allen Stanford accused of $8 Billion Fraud

Always put me in mind of a Pat Mustard type character. Dunno why.