Search results

1. R

pj coogan show

He's definitely in the "x sleeps to hollybobs" zone. Someone mentioned Lanza on Twitter yesterday and Peej was onto it like a shot, listing out his favourite watering holes, etc over there. He also approved of some lad sticking up a picture of a pint at airport along with "it's not a holiday...
  2. R

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Have to keep going until end of season and hope Arsenal implode. Could be another title there for the taking once Man City (eventually) have the book thrown at them!!
  3. R

Cork Footballers

Hold tough for couple of weeks and Cleary may be in position to ask Brian Hayes and Sean O' Donoghue onto the panel!! 😬
  4. R

English Football Championship Thread

Right battle at other end of table. Huddersfield at home to Birmingham on Saturday. Loser of that is most likely consigned to league 1 next season. Huddersfield away to Ipswich on final day of season so even a win may not be enough to save them unless Sheffield Wednesday lose their last two...
  5. R

Skorts

It was a vote taken at convention where practically all the delegates were women. Not sure what issue they have with shorts but vote was to stick with status quo. Players/Clubs need to be more proactive in instructing their club or county delegates in how to vote.
  6. R

pj coogan show

Missed that. Peej was discussing road out by Whites Cross earlier where fatal accident occurred yesterday. Now it was a good discussion and very relevant considering amount of road fatalities but not sure if it was the time to have local residents on discussing this particular stretch of road...
  7. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'd say they'll be bit more robust than that due to how stark the issues were on Sunday. Worry is that they could make wholesale changes, giving younger players their chance and put up a great performance but still come up short v Clare.
  8. R

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Jota out for another couple of weeks. This guy makes Thiago look like Iron-man!!
  9. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Exactly, Brian Hurley oldest player on the pitch on Saturday for Cork footballers and best player by a long way. Hoggie and Lehane should be dropped based on performance/form - may be down to age catching up with them but it's immaterial in terms of making the decision as to whether they start...
  10. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Well if they went for us, chances are we would have won so they would be the reason we lost. Having said that, don't think either would rank as a huge injustice. Think Clare have a lot more reason to be aggrieved this am than we do.
  11. R

Cork Footballers

Yeah. Some poor decision making in final quarter especially. Kickouts were OK but no major upgrade on Martin. Overall, encouraging but probably still need 3 or 4 more diamonds to be able to really compete with Kerry, Dublin,etc. Don't think management have yet figured out how to get best out...
  12. R

Dubai, why the fuck holiday in such a shit hole?

Have to say place has never appealed to me as a destination. 8 hour flight to wander around what is essentially an enormous, overpriced shopping mall. Back in the day, you could apparently pick up gold and jewellery for fraction of price you'd pay here but local merchants have copped on to that...
  13. R

The next Government

Likewise PJ's right wing nutter friend (Treyvaud?) who runs a restaurant down in Killarney. Passed his place on a cold wet night last month and place was full. Don't get me started on the calls for 9% VAT rate. As discussed before, VAT goes to the government and customers aren't going to make...
  14. R

Cork Footballers

Odds are against us but some year, the stars will align and we'll beat them down in Killarney!! I do not want to miss the few pints in the town afterwards when it does happen! I will not be humble or magnanimous in victory!! If Foley is out injured, that's a huge loss for them. Full back line...
  15. R

pj coogan show

I'd say if you're earning quarter of a mill every year for 15 hour weekly gig (12 hours on weeks before bank holiday), you can afford hotshot tax expert to manage your affairs and duck the taxes that ordinary folk pay. Peej probably gets the services of the tax expert free too for a mention or...
  16. R

pj coogan show

...or if she didn't catch the segment, she'll be wondering why he keeps asking her to get her old camogie kit down from the attic and wear it to bed.
  17. R

pj coogan show

Peej sitting open mouthed across the studio desk, speechless for once, wishing he hadn't worn the tight jeans today!!
  18. R

Cork Footballers

I'd say online is way to go. Let's all pile in online at 11am and get a decent crowd down there next Saturday. We're going to win there some year - make sure you don't miss it when we do!!
  19. R

RTE: Radio, Telefis, Empty pockets

"Taking a break" apparently!! 96FM management will have to approach Derry O' Callaghan, caps in hand and humbly ask him would he mind going back to four hour slot on Oldies and Irish!!
  20. R

The next Government

Yeah - good operator in the constituency too. Can't be doing that though. Soundy and couple of lads with Nordie accents will be sent round to his gaff late at night for "a wee chat".