Search results

1. D

The Official Celtic Thread

Away to Ross County next. Feels like a long break...
  2. D

The Wright Music Center

I did in the late 80s. Guy called Pat running the place. French guy and his wife giving lessons too. Xavier was his name I think.
  3. D

Dan Carlin Hard-core History

Anyone listening to his podcasts? His WW1 episodes are incredible. Highly recommend if you're into history.
  4. D

Wroclaw

Heading to Poland for a few days in April with a few lads. Anyone been? Cheap flights and very nice cheap hotels. Any suggestions? Decent restaurants, places to see etc...
  5. D

This plug in is not supported

Getting this message on my phone (Galaxy S6) when trying to access video clips. On the favourite YouTube clips thread in the Langers Forum for example. Obviously my life will not be truly fulfilled until I can access that thread unhindered. Help a proc out....
  6. D

Number 3...

Son born tonight. Lovely little fella he is. I played a blinder - hand holding, brow wiping etc. All seems very good with the world right now. Aaaaaah....relax
  7. D

Four military planes

Over Cork harbour this morning. Quite cool.
  8. D

Basking Sharks

Anyone been out to see the basking sharks in the harbour? Quite a few out around Roches Point.
  9. D

Clay Pigeon Shooting in Cork

Anyone been? Recommendations? Getting harder and harder to think of birthday presents for the old man... Had a quick look online but didn't see anything where you could just roll up for an afternoon.
  10. D

Euromillions

Winning ticket sold in Ireland. Check your pockets boys and girls!
  11. D

Cloudscout

Got this horrible add virus on my pc. Can not get rid of it. Avast was useless in this case. Using the internet has become impossible while this invasive shit remains on my laptop. Using Windows. Please help...
  12. D

Cyclists

Has anyone done the 32 County cycle challenge? Doing it in July and would like to hear of people's experiences. Pick a few brains etc.
  13. D

Plane missing.

162 on board - somewhere in Indonesia.
  14. D

Cyclists

Anyone using Strava app for the bike? Excellent app and free.
  15. D

The phrase 'goes bang'...

Goes bang. It's being overused and I'm sick of it. A small thing amongst the complex and serious issues being discussed on the PROC but fuck it...
  16. D

Candy Crush

I'm officially addicted - something very phsychological going on with the colours and sounds, I feel like a hamster in a lab...worse than a hamster in a lab in fact at least he gets a little treat for pressing buttons!
  17. D

Netflix Recommendation

Besides Breaking Bad of course - just goes without saying that everyone should watch it. Been using Netflix recently. Quite good value and a fair variety of stuff to choose from. So what do you recommend? The Killing (American version) would be my recommendation. Quite grim and gritty with...
  18. D

time for a new laptop

In the market for a new laptop. Top price 500 pounds sterling. Here's what I use it for mainly: downloading music and films; watching films (don't have a tv so bigish screen and good quality screen important); general browsing (nice and quick desirable); general office kind of work - wp...
  19. D

Cork - Edinburgh/Glasgow

Use this route about 3-4 times a year with Aerlingus as does the family. Had 3 cancelled flights in the last 14 months. Tried to get compensation using EU directive and Civil Aviation Authority in Britain - no joy the 'technical difficulty' was an 'exceptional circumstance'. Anyone had any joy...
  20. D

WordsWithFriends

Anyone playing it - I'm addicted, shite to mediocre but enjoying it big time.