Search results

1. B

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Great win yesterday. Offaly started like a train and Corks initail game plan and positioning was way off. I blame management completely but they have to be lauded for the relatively quick changes of markers on Screeny and Downey to sweeper . A word on that Screeny..what a player to make a ball...
  2. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cahalane made a complete hames of the pick up . He fumbled and foostered it with no one on him. It did bounce and he didn't foul it. But it was very very close and the ref made a call that Cahalane should never have given him a chance to call. Brian Hayes should have been on alot earlier ...
  3. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I quiet like the confederate Flag. As a Cleburne myself who's ancestor was a Brig General from Cork in the Confederate army I don't see an issue with the Flag. States rights are what he fought for .
  4. B

The Hurling Thread

It wouldn't take much to make it more 'Cork'. Definately looking at Black and White striped seats in the 'small Stand' is depressing.
  5. B

The Hurling Thread

Rishi Sunak. He's going to be paying for Casement Park , he might give some cash towards the real Pairc.
  6. B

The Hurling Thread

Ah bigtime. There's a danger that the Pairc will become kind of like Thurles, a neutral type venue. If it was me I'd have rebels across the seats..Id have bronze statues of greats around the stadium. Id have the records up and it would be a homage to Cork. At the moment Limerick love the place...
  7. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Daly does go overboard with his Dublin and Limerick love and also weirdly his love of Tipp...( clares main oppressors) .. TJ Ryan is probably the most stable of the 3 but the biggest chancer behind it all...never let's his guard down
  8. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I like Landers. I find him balanced and steady. Daly is all over the shop at times with his emotional contributions and anti rugby vibe.
  9. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork just need to focus on Cork for the next 4 weeks. Forget about what's needed to beat Limerick. There's 3 teams getting out of Munster and they need to focus on that and one game at a time. Youd never know..Limerick might slip up somewhere along the line. It's a longshot but for this young...
  10. B

The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

It was a sobering lesson. We aren't at the races at all. Size wise it nearly funny the disparity was so big. To top it off ,our only 2 big men are actually South African. Coombes is a big lad but looks 15. Its a long term issue. We need bigger,harder athletes. Our front row has always been our...
  11. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yeah the exit strategy was perplexing. It did seem very similar to previous management's. The slow pass across the pitch or a pass into a guy in heavy traffic . He in turn has no clue what to do with it. The diagonal ball was over done. It invites the backs to attack it .
  12. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I hope people don't think we are being over critical . I'm just calling it how I see it today. They were tested in a high pressure, stressfull environment. Overall there were positives but they failed the test. They lost discipline and never threatened to get a result. The amount of frees that...
  13. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Kilkenny will hang in there with Limerick no matter what but they arent capable of beating them especially with TJ not on and Mullen injured. For me there aren't too many positives for Cork to take out of that.
  14. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It was more like a sword en garde type effort from Eoin straight into yer mans belly. t looked sore enough anyway. Tommy O Connel did some good things ,definately. I'm being too hard on him. He's got great energy and verve. Just needs composure.
  15. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Is there any chance Pat Ryan didn't go full on for that second half.? He was barely moving on the line. I actually think Cahalanes swipe was so bad they ll investigate it. The rucks.. loads of bodies but no composure. They all just pile in ontop of each other and end up getting in each others...
  16. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That was extremely disappointing. Damien Cahalane lost his head again for the umpteenth time. They Kilkenny fella had actually been dispossessed before Cahalane tomahawked him. It was a definite red. The discipline went after that. We give out about limerick on here..do you think ond of them...
  17. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The game is there for Cork but they gotta take it and stop giving Drennan easy frees
  18. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Pitch is way off the standard the Gaelic Grounds was in last night. Its fairly boggy and its a short field
  19. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Kingston is doing OK and Power is doing well. The backs starting to get on top but they look very susceptible to direct ball. It's a minor miracle they are only 3 down. Guys need to trust their pace but they gotta start winning primary possession. The Ref is blowing everything.hes given 2 for...
  20. B

The Hurling Thread

Hurling is in a fairly good place. Crowds have never been better for the Championship round Robin. Viewing figures are good and the Standard is high. There are issues with the tackle and handpass but last nights game was excellent. Gaelic football is not a good game to watch and its numbers are...