Search results

1. R

2024 Premier Senior Hurling Championship

I think the days of the divisions are numbered. Players don’t seem to have the interest and it’s hard to get a buy in from all the clubs. It was also very obvious that the Ballincollig and Eire Og lads wouldn’t pass to each other tonight which is disappointing…
  2. R

Cork Footballers

Poor scheduling by the GAA to fix the Donegal game the same day as a potential u20 all Ireland hurling final in Nowlan Park. Our footballers have no hope of getting a crowd to pairc ui rinn now. Wouldn’t it be great if we could host these game in venues like ovens or cloughduv and make these...
  3. R

Cork Footballers

The match is fixed for Sat June 1st at 2:30 in Pairc ui Rinn. Not being streamed #paircuirinnornowhere
  4. R

Cork Footballers

Alan Walsh would add huge physicality and athleticism to the squad. He was very impressive vs CTB in a league game last night. Perhaps his big brother Paul could have a word in Cleary’s ear? I know Alan has previously rejected AFL opportunities to pursue his studies..
  5. R

Cork Footballers

Mark is currently on a work placement abroad. Should be in the mix for the Kerry game though as his schedule allows him to travel home regularly..
  6. R

Cork Footballers

Pity to hear that Jack Cahalane got injured in Portugal, would have loved to see him push on this year. The whole training camp sounded like a mini Saipan to be honest with bad weather limiting the opportunity for lads to spend outside to practice their kicking. They’d have got a weekend down in...
  7. R

Cork Footballers

This is a valid point but who would you play instead of the two lads in midfield? They are far and away the best midfielders in the county but I am worried for the day that one of them gets injured. No doubt Cleary will find some relation / bogger from west cork to fill the gap…
  8. R

Cork Footballers

Our dual status hinders us massively, look at the teams ahead of us in the table like Donegal, Armagh Cavan and Meath, these are predominantly football counties where the lure of other sports isn’t as strong as it is here.
  9. R

Cork Footballers

It’s an open door policy :) I reckon at least 6 of that team would start for us in Fermanagh on Sunday.
  10. R

Cork Footballers

The management’s reluctance to make early substitutions last week was really worrying because it suggests that we do not trust the depth of our panel. Here’s a XV of players currently not in the squad who could help rectify this issue…. Mark White C O’Callaghan D.Cahalane C. Kiely J. Cooper L...
  11. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Very concerning that numerous ‘stars’ from our recent u20’s successes can look so far off the pace in the Fitzgibbon tonight. However Rob Downey can hold his head high, he wasn’t afraid to mix it with the UL lads and his physicality is needed to skin the cats on Saturday evening.
  12. R

Cork Footballers

Hearing rumours that young Corbett is dropped for tomorrow. Disappointing because I thought he showed well as a target man v Kerry last weekend and deserved a start…
  13. R

Cork Footballers

I take your point Sam, but accurate shooters will always have a place in the game. I’m still yet to see someone kick a dumbbell over the bar….
  14. R

Cork Footballers

Lack of scoring forwards / a recognised free taker available is a worry just a week out from the league. You’d long for the days of Dan Goulding and Donncha O’Connor slotting frees from the left and right.
  15. R

The County Board Complaints Thread

Good move by Cork GAA. It’s about time we saw the value of a quick buck instead of waiting for handouts off JP/EdSheeran
  16. R

Cork Footballers

Wouldn’t pay too much attention to the team named for Sunday lads. Cleary played his big hitters against the Dubs in a challenge on Friday night. The McGrath cup is for giving fringe players a run out.
  17. R

Cork Footballers

Ridiculous that this game is being held on a 4G pitch. You’d have to worry for our lads given our previous injury history…
  18. R

2024 Premier Senior Hurling Championship

You’d have to fancy Newtown to take a scalp off a few of the city boys up in Mallow