Search results

1. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ideally so our path would be Offaly, Dublin, KK and Wexford!
  2. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Am I right in thinking that IF we win our matches but Wexford beat Clare then it will be us v KK in the semi and Wexford v Limerick in the other? Wouldn't rule that out.....
  3. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I apologise most humbly to all. Thought the URC Final was that day. My general point about the rugby love in stands though...
  4. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It's to facilitate RTE showing the rugby URC. The leinster final wasn't on the radio either, they had the URC. That old school tie bullshit associated with rugby gets it so, so far in this country. Im pretty sure the Sport Ireland participation survey last week didn't even have it in the top 20...
  5. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lads, how will tickets work for next Saturday with a small stadium and Offaly, Tyrone and two Cork teams? I'd imagine Offaly aren't going to get the tickets they'll want for a home match Also, I know the footballers are at 3pm, are the hurlers before or after do we know?
  6. S

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

More generally, some excellent performances across the 4 Cork teams, and with the Minors themselves not having had a vintage year, you could see a lot of flux in this age group by the time they are in the frame for u20 squads.
  7. S

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Well done to East Cork. Still think they should have been in the A competition that Kilkenny won today. Kilkenny weren't way better than Cork City when they met (scoreboard flattered KK) so I think East Cork, with all the clubs they had, could have been competitive in the A competition...
  8. S

Cork Footballers

Some atmosphere at the end. Delighted the footballers got to have their own mini version of the hurlers v Limerick. Must make all the flack they take somewhat worth it
  9. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I personally think we might possibly find it easier (for want of a better word) to beat Limerick than Clare if we get far enough to play either again. If you watch again (as I have done) the first half v Limerick we really should have been out of sight by HT. Of course Limerick will be better...
  10. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Let's talk again in late July...
  11. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

But they shoot from everywhere even when it's not really on. Another team with the exact same possessions but a different ethos might have shot 40 times. Doesn't mean one had 10 more chances than the other. I'm not saying they didn't have a helluva lot of chances btw....
  12. S

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Seanie was a selector with this year's minors. What does happen to our u17s now. Do they just play with their clubs and schools until u20 or is there some class of county involvement at u18 and u19?
  13. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Pat Ryan and Wayne Sherlock double jobbing on the day so!
  14. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You are going back 3 and 4 years lads. I picked the two most recent years as they are the most relevant.
  15. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

As I've pointed out before, we are told Limerick have been unbeatable in Croke Park in recent years but they've only played Leinster teams in 22 and 23. I'm not sure they'd find it so easy against us or Clare
  16. S

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Just to clarify Limerick beat Cork in the final in u16 last year (and both are gone already.....).
  17. S

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

From talking to parents involved that's a bit harsh. They were competitive enough u15 and u16. The one criticism I hear again and again though is that he got fixed on who his best players were, and what their positions were, very far out (as in at u15). I was told of several kids who were backs...
  18. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sorry if asked and answered already, but here it goes... There are permutations on Sunday where scoring difference comes into it. The one in relation to which I have a question is the least likely, but I do love me permutations... If Waterford and Tipp win on Sunday (I know, but stranger...
  19. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agree re keeper in terms of shot stopping. He is below average. His distribution far better this year though. All in all he's probably just about OK but not a team strength certainly
  20. S

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Any chance that, out of pure pride, Tipp will actually put it up to Clare next week (a la Waterford in game 4 last year) or are they a beaten docket?