Search results

1. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Can’t see it, though we’ll be getting nervous if it is close on Sunday towards the end. A draw is too risky for Limerick, if they’re level going into the last few minutes Waterford would need just one point to send them packing, can’t see them letting themselves get into that position, Cork...
  2. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Delighted with that today, just in the door for the Sunday Game. It’s out of our hands now, but can’t fault the effort in the last two games to give us a chance, (and thankfully Waterford have helped us along with those last minute scores they conceded to Tipp and Clare). Gonna be a long week...
  3. P

Cork Footballers

Good to get over the line up in Ennis, result was the main thing, should be enough to get through with this format.
  4. P

Junior A Hurling Championship 2024

Underage is definitely thriving in Ballinora lately, we’ve of course got the added benefit of location which does make a difference admittedly, but I’d be expecting the club to push on big time in the next decade in both hurling and football.
  5. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There’s a lot to be said for momentum, imagine the lads will be hopping for Tipp next week after that. Tipp had extra time to prepare for Limerick too and we saw how that went, won’t be an easy game by any means as Tipp will be fighting to stay alive too, but we’ve been growing with every game...
  6. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Had Johnny Logan’s What’s Another Year mentally ready with a few to go but damn was I wrong. Still can’t believe it, fair play to the lads, they stood up today when many of us wrote them off completely, right til the very end. Win in Thurles and with a bit of luck elsewhere we’re right back...
  7. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I imagine we may see some major overhaul for next season, both in terms of management and personnel, but that’s a discussion for another day (maybe Sunday but I hope not). We all want it to work but realistically it hasn’t been, close at times but just not close enough. Just hope the lads go...
  8. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Joyce and O’Flynn both out so, Coleman in, good to see both Roches back in the squad. Nothing to lose really, just tear into them and hope the season isn’t done on the 11th of May.
  9. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I've tickets for Thurles anyway, Munster camogie final on before it also so will make a day out of it. Obviously, we'll be back in the championship at that stage anyway after we've put Limerick to the sword!
  10. P

I do agree somebit, I’ve said before that I’d gladly scrap the divisions in favour of a county wide system of 32 or so teams (bearing in mind there was 70 teams playing Junior A hurling last year), add a few levels below that with multiple promotions between them and I think it would serve all...
  11. P

Fair enough they had two bad defeats at the start. Though if they actually made an attempt to stay up, I might have some bit of sympathy for them but they clearly wanted to go down, they gave a walkover to Ballyhea in their final group game instead of having a go (Ballyhea having also been well...
  12. P

Yeah saw the final result with Buttevant, makes a mockery of the competition. Those lads shouldn’t be anywhere near Junior B, but wasn’t there talk last year that they wanted relegation to get the hurling out of the way early for the football. Farcical.
  13. P

Not sure Buttevant would want to win given how they treated hurling last year. They realistically should be Junior A as is.
  14. P

Memorable hurling matches

Thought my uncle was gonna have a heart attack with the amount of booing he was directing at Barry Kelly that day after the sending off, some battle, think Canning hit 2-12 on his own for Galway out of 2-15.
  15. P

Cork u20 Football 2024

A 9 point lead flatters Cork to be honest, second best in every single department.
  16. P

Memorable hurling matches

Was only reminiscing the other day about a double header in the first round of the hurling championship back in ‘04, Cloyne-Glen and Killeagh-Blackrock, down in Midleton, was soaking it in with a bag of chips and no skin in the game, don’t get too many days like that anymore. 20 years tomorrow...
  17. P

Cork Footballers

Think the fixtures are set that we’ll be away to Clare first on the weekend of the 18th. Assuming Clare lose to Kerry of course.
  18. P

Cork Footballers

No reason we can't have a go off Tyrone I think, definitely not the worst group, especially looking at how group 1 was panning out (Connacht winners, Ulster runners up, Derry, Westmeath).
  19. P

Cork Footballers

Wouldn’t mind a go off either of the Connacht finalists, Monaghan also. Fed up of Louth at this point and would also be happy if I never have to watch Roscommon again.
  20. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He’s definitely got the potential to be moulded into a serious full back, just worried about the lack of competitive games he’ll be having in the meantime. His next competitive games will be in the mid Cork championship, which is a world away from senior intercounty.