Search results

1. C

The Official Irish Rugby Thread

2. C

Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

From a Russian point of view being paid is yuan is not an issue as they then use this yuan to buy Chinese goods, where trade between the two countries has reached record levels. The thing is the whole price cap was never meant to be draconian with regards to Russian interests, merely to...
  3. C

Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

I thought if he was consistent he would have been whinging about all the unjust penalties the Troika imposed on us, and that the well known anti Irishman John Beaton was spotted drinking in a pub around the corner from the IMF headquarters in Washington. No he actually gave them credit for...
  4. C

So we were insolvent and not bankrupt.
  5. C

Were we actually declared bankrupt as a country though? And if so does that mean we no longer exist like Rangers? So, tell me what are we now to be called?
  6. C

Having been a staunch Sinn Fein supporter all my life I'm a bit taken back by the current direction the party is taking, especially with our promises to build thousands of houses which I feel goes against our ideology and is the polar opposite of our strengths. We are a party of demolition not...
  7. C

Certainly the republicans must share some blame for their actions of lack of, but I think the major issue is a structural one. At the beginning of the war many western countries donates their excess arms but are/were unwilling to go below what they deem to be their minimum requirement for their...
  8. C

I'm not sure they are comparable, both Russia and the US lost relatively few soldiers in Afganistan, as there were no outright battles just a series of skirmishes, both didn't leave because they got a kicking more the realization that the costs of staying there were too high versus what they...
  9. C

As they are obsessed with ghosts of the past. I would say they are a paranormal party.
  10. C

The Official Celtic Thread

My apologies of course the Scottish FA appoint refs with the sole intention of cheating Celtic, they are just a little bit incompetent as Celtic have only gone and won 12 of the last 13 titles their most successful run ever. The reason I prefer going to rugby or GAA matches is because if...
  11. C

Not you as well Minstrel. Celtic have won 12 of the last 13 titles and are in with a very good shout again this year, we are living in their most successful period of domestic dominance in history and yet the first thing those two muppets harp on about after every match which are invariably...
  12. C

For sheer entertainment it is the best thread on the Proc. On a more serious note I'd have to say Celtic should be grateful they got a ref who wasn't swayed by the home support. Never before have I seen one give the away team a penalty and disallow a home team goal in such an intimidating...
  13. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

In fairness if it wasn't for the recent price hike by Diageo it would only be around 9.85 a pint. Food for thought for all the naysayers out there.
  14. C

Tbh, I would think it will be exactly like a Brexit situation, whereby both sides made exaggerated claims none of which came to fruition i.e The wild promises of Brexiteers were proven to be way off the mark but nor did the UK economy fall off a cliff as predicted by remainers. Also I don't see...
  15. C

In fairness the analysis is there in both studies and they differ by a mere 18 billion a year. So who is to say either are accurate, more so both seem to be based on assumptions that may or may not come to fruition. There is no way to know what will happen debt, pensions etc as these costs or...
  16. C

Pubs reopening June 29th

Some random stuff she may need to know to impress Benny. The five classics consist of the Derby, the Oaks, the St Leger and the 1000 and 2000 guineas. Willie Mullins has had 103 Cheltenham winners. Seabiscuit sired 108 foals and is buried at Ridgewood Ranch in Mendocino, California. Ruby...
  17. C

Ever hear of papal infallibility? Are you going to try and correct the pope the next time they go to Rome, by telling him the appropriate shout is who the fuck are Glasgow the Rangers. I didn't think so you charlatan.
  18. C

Yes I don't subscribe to the view that unless someone is prosecuted and found guilty they are necessarily innocent. However I'm not sure I'd subscribe to the common knowledge argument either that is basically just a large number of people believing the same rumour, I'm sure you remember but it...
  19. C

Soundy I'm sure you are aware the incident for which Hayes was up in court happened in 2019, basically a 4 yr wait before it came before the court. He'd want to be a pretty stupid boy (maybe he is) to be involved in anything in the subsequent years when he had a court case hanging over him. The...
  20. C

Ok, fair enough, I will defer to your greater knowledge of Scottish football, and treat them as a different club. Bearing that in mind, then there is certainly one thing we have to be in agreement with when we look at things objectively, and that is the magnitude of their achievement. A newly...