Search results

1. H

Cork Footballers

Blake Murphy gone from panel. Understand why given lack of playing time but personally don’t think he would have had the impact needed anyways. Best of luck to him
  2. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I never said I’d move Joyce. Coleman’s performances for club this year prove how much of a better player he is facing the ball. I was suggesting if a team is going to drop like Waterford then let Coleman play that role McCarthy played yesterday. Joyce has to stay at 6, prime example of this was...
  3. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Watching back on the game from the weekend, if we were to come up against the sweeper Waterford played again Coleman should be the free man. McCarthy did ok but use of the ball and positional sense was lacking at times. I can’t help but feel Coleman as a free man is a weapon that we have to take...
  4. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Felt for Ethan Twomey today, hamstring injury it looked like. Hard to see him forcing his way into reckoning now. Likewise hope odonoghue isn’t too serious, medics were in with him a few times so assuming injured. Any update on Twomey, Fitz, TOM?
  5. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don’t think it really is bizzare shanks, given the calendar all these younger players are battling between college games and cork. You have to manage the squad in some capacity like management have been doing rotating the young players in and out. Not fair to be asking lads to play twice a...
  6. H

The Hurling Thread

Sure you only need to look at the footballers to see the scenario close to home…
  7. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Made me spit out my coffee the ridiculousness of this comment. How many u20s all Irelands in recent times is it again?
  8. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Full back line is probably up there with goal keeper as the most horrible place to play at inter county level
  9. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Played a lot of hurling already this season. No harm in giving the fella a break this early in year
  10. H

Club transfers 2024

Travelling?
  11. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Financially I’m not sure the county board would love a drop to D2 either in terms of getting bigger gates
  12. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

One thing that I think is really important which hasn’t been mentioned too much is that we need to get Coleman and OMahony back soon. I still think where they fit in is going to be very interesting and will need league games to figure that out. Both have missed a lot of hurling but both are key...
  13. H

Cork Footballers

Buckley and Maguire out, big losses
  14. H

Cork Footballers

Fairly sure but open to correction, there is an issue with cameras in Ardee in Louth, so RTE never have cameras up there. Presume it’s the same across all networks. Wouldn’t expect any footage from the game to be shown on league Sunday either. Edit: RTE say not suitable for cameras but TG4...
  15. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agree. Have to mind the college lads too who are being pulled left and right with the various competitions so was obvious to see us rotate in some seasoned fellas who haven’t had college competitions to get games under the belt.
  16. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Was very industrious v Clare but his speed of hurling left him down in my view. I like Twomey feel he’s plenty to offer but it’s a big year for him has missed a lot of hurling at this level with injuries
  17. H

Cork Footballers

Dropped is a strong word at this stage of the year, wouldn’t be reading too much into team selections when it’s all about managing players miniutes for now
  18. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

2pm Sunday in Rathkeale Would it not make more sense to put this somewhere that holds a bigger attendance? Only 2K tickets in Rathkeale but given it’s a weekend demand would be higher? Pitches may be a issue given weather but seeing the crowd that was in PUR at the weekend, clearly a big interest?
  19. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Back for the league, was travelling
  20. H

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Strong back line anyways. Not sure about the make up of forward line