Search results

1. J

The Gaelic Football Thread

I think that's perfectly reasonable to be honest. This GAA culture of supposed part time coaches travelling across the country 3 times a week is fucking ridiculous.
  2. J

Gaa brawls

I repeat this every time we this shit, but the way to sort this out is to ban the clubs involved from all competition for a year. If the GAA don't do it, watch the referees themselves get together and start boycotting teams.
  3. J

The County Board Complaints Thread

Regarding Musgrave Park - it was named after Jimmy Musgrave, a past president of the IRFU. So an identical situation to PUC. Unfortunately for Jimmy his grandchildren obviously don't give a shite about his legacy.
  4. J

I take it that Cork GAA must not have actually had a soul for the first 90 years of it's existence (including the entirety of Ring's career) up to 1976 before we actually named a stadium after Ó Chaoimh.
  5. J

Agreed. And what's that got to do with it anyway? The bandwagon jumping Sinn Fein TDs might be surprised to learn that that, unfortunately, the contractors and hundreds of staff hired to build the stadium weren't volunteers, and the materials used weren't provided at cost price. Are we...
  6. J

It's about as good value as the grocery chain it's being named after in fairness.
  7. J

What an absolute load of bollox the reaction to this is. Martin's comment is the fucking icing on the cake, and mentioning the government funding is pathetic. They provided nearly 200 million to the IRFU for Lansdown Road. Remind we what we're supposed to call that place again? Limerick can...
  8. J

Nash 19 restaurant

Haven't the White Rabbit owners bought Preachers recently? I'm a regular the deli in town, the Cuban Sambo is a fucking beautiful. I could see how a full sit down joint would struggle, but was never in there so not sure how well it worked. Cllrs screaming that the govt have to do something about...
  9. J

The Action Plan for Housing.

That was great to see. Aside from the fact that housing is now needed much more than office space, the residential scheme was a far better design. I'd imagine the rents will be fairly mental, but as mad as it sounds there's actually a massive shortage of expensive higher end apartments for rent...
  10. J

The Action Plan for Housing.

If a development was granted planning permission before May 2021, then the rules stopping bulk buying didn't apply. They were brought in as planning guidelines with conditions attached to the planning permissions that homes couldn't be sold to corporate entities. You can't apply planning...
  11. J

I'd imagine it's a covenant on the land title/deeds, or at least it would want to be to hold any weight. If it was time limited that's something that would have got out and the CCB would have been working towards from a decade ago. Cork Con had their own flirtation with relocating to Monkstown...
  12. J

“The removal of parking on Boreenmanna Road will simply mean that the stadium cannot facilitate the needs of any competitive fixtures in terms of access and parking. Therefore, major decisions will soon arise as we consider the future of the stadium.” That is a bizarre take when you dig into...
  13. J

The days of there being a goldmine in flipping land for development have softened quite a bit. Margins are very tight on development, and the same daft money isn't being thrown at people Also, aside from whatever clause might be in the deeds of the site, PUR is zoned for sports use. Even if...
  14. J

The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Ah here, you can't be having fans grabbing opposition players. If that happened at a GAA match they'd be a hysterical reaction from the great and good of Irish society about the carry on of the rural muck savages.
  15. J

Kyle Hayes - a good GAA man?

The sentence will be suspended. Which is fair enough when you look at the sentences dishes out for worse assaults/repeated offenders. Even if it isn't, I would say there's a 95% chance that we'll see him walking up the steps and lifting the Liam McCarthy next summer so I'd hold off in being too...
  16. J

Marina Market to go BANG?

The plan is to close off access from the roundabout to general traffic as part of the BusConnects works.
  17. J

Dublin... Is a fucking shithole

Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and spend the rest of his trip in Connemara or somewhere
  18. J

Dublin... Is a fucking shithole

Sorry now, but I'm going to go with what Niamh on WhatsApp said he sister's friend in Dublin has seen first hand.
  19. J

The Hurling Thread

It will be very interesting to see who the defence team are. It would be helpful to Kyle if there was somebody about who could throw a few a bob at one of the best...
  20. J

The Gaelic Football Thread

That's embarrassing. I'd imagine he must be of some use as a player for Tullamore to go to that grief. We're approaching a point where a widescale withdrawn of services is going to happen. I've said it before, but it's clubs should be punished for the actions of their supporters if any sort of...