Search results

1. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ya, I think there is. Now if it was championship I'd still be starting Sean O Donaghue and leaving Roche and Downey fight it out for the other corner back slot. I'd definitely start a fully fit Declan Dalton and would probably have him on frees. I'd have one of Hoggie or Harnedy starting as well.
  2. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wouldn't dream of taking Joyce out of centre backs lads. The decade we had of teams running down our center is seared into my brain and just in case I was in any danger of forgetting it we got a timely reminder in the Kilkenny game of what happens when Joyce is missing. I think there's...
  3. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Coleman often plays in the half forward line for Blarney. I maintain he'd be very dangerous at center forward for Cork. He'd be able to roam and he's very accurate so could bag 2 or 3 points most games. Would also pose a question for opposition center backs. Do they hold the center or let a...
  4. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

A very very poor game of hurling today lads played by two teams who seriously lacked intensity and not helped by an overly finicky ref. A win is a win but I'm very worried about our form. I have absolutely no idea what our game plan is and if anything today was a regression on the previous 2...
  5. V

PROC Hurling League “Name the Winners” Competition 2024

Tipp Limerick Galway Kilkenny Cork Clare Thanks R&B
  6. V

The Hurling Thread

Oh I can understand entirely why they are turning a blind eye to it and its easy enough see why a jury of Limerick people let him off with the more serious charge. If Hayes was a Cork player I've no idea how I'd feel about the whole situation. I'd like to think I'd be impartial about it but...
  7. V

The Hurling Thread

Im unaware of these incidents. Are these in the public domain? As in were they in the courts or have they been reported on in the media? If not then they can't really be compared to the Kyle Hayes incident.
  8. V

The Hurling Thread

Dont think the GAA can do anything about it. Presume you can't be charged with bringing the game into disrepute over negative media attention arising from an incident in your personal life. Regardless of the GAA not being able to do anything about this, it's still not a good look. It reflects...
  9. V

The Hurling Thread

This is not a good look for Limerick and this is not a good look for the GAA. We (as in GAA people) already have a reputation for being soft on violence in our games and for turning somewhat of a blind eye to misbehaviour in society by other GAA members. I say this as an out and out GAA man...
  10. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Honeymoon period for Pat Ryan well and truly over now. Our last 7 competitive results make for grim reading. league semi v KK beaten by 6 MSHC v Waterford won by 9 MSHC v Tipp Draw MSHC V Clare beaten by 1 MSHC V Limerick beaten by 1 League V Clare beaten by 3 League v KK beaten by 1 Played 7...
  11. V

Wexford Cork Waterford Dublin Limerick Tipp
  12. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'd be happy enough with the team selected from 1 to 9. I'm a fan of Brion Saunderson but I believe the management are handling the goalkeeping position correctly so far. Saunderson is only 20 going on 21, plays the most pressurised position on the team and one bad mistake in a game v the likes...
  13. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Generational talents like that only come along once or twice in a decade but would you not say that Ciaran Joyce is/was one of them?
  14. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ya, on reflection that would probably be a better idea. It would be more balanced and much more experienced midfield.
  15. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was very disappointed with the 2cd half performance last Sunday, same as everyone here but I do think there has been a complete over reaction from some as to the performance. It was the 4th of February and leaving aside that we played a very good Clare team in their home patch people should...
  16. V

Tipp to win the league. Rd 1 predictions Galway Tipp Clare Kilkenny Waterford Limerick
  17. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

TJ Reid is 6 months older than Hoggie. You never hear Kilkenny fans calling for him to be dropped/retired. And he really does carry that Kilkenny forward line on his back and has been with nearly a decade now. If Hoggie is fit, hungry and hurling well then I see no reason why he can't be...
  18. V

2023 Premier Junior hurling

That wouldn't be Corks problem. Tullogher are no more a Jr team then Castlelyons or Ballinhassig or Kilworth are. Does the Kilkenny Jr champions involvement in the Leinster championship make a mockery of that competition? Personally don't have any issue with the current system in Cork but its...
  19. V

2023 Premier Junior hurling

I disagree. In my opinon the Kilkenny grades are fine and it's Cork who make it unfair. Realistically today Newcestown should have being playing Thomastown and Castlelyons playing Tullogher but we are playing with words in naming our competitions. Now we all either accept that going forward...
  20. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Horgan and Harnedy are multiple All Star recipients. Coleman and Fitzgibbon also have All Stars. Joyce is a two time nominee for Young Hurler of the year. All outstanding players in my book. In July 2018 how many Limerick players would you have considered as outstanding? Personally I know...