Search results

1. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We also put him in the FF line in the second half and played every ball low into the corner for him, which isn't his natural game and he still won the ball the majority of time. Play him WF, let him play and fight for the team like he does naturally. He's definitely worth another few games imo
  2. O

The County Board Complaints Thread

There's still more access to players Mon to Fri though than a club or development squad will ever have. I've no issue with a fella playing multiple sports and of course with proper communication it should be facilitated 100%. Also, a fella can only train so many hours a week anyway. At 15 or...
  3. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'd agree with that and say I'd prefer for see him play MF or as a third MF of we go with a 2 man FF line. In a more advanced position he has the ability to step through midfield and slot over a few scores every game. He is best facing the ball but weak under puck outs so MF might be a nice...
  4. O

Next Republic of Ireland Football Manager

I think a track record at international level is nearly preferable than club level at this stage. The challenge at international level is moulding a team together and getting them well organised in very short periods of time...a totally different challenge than at club level. This was one of...
  5. O

You need both squads and schools both working at high levels really otherwise a pile of lads will be at a disadvantage. I'm only hoping that's what he has in mind and didn't explain it properly. I do believe Harty Cup Schools have a huge role to play (as they always have) and need major...
  6. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Id say Jack O Connor needs a big performance at this stage to keep himself in the reckoning. Good to see Connolly back too.
  7. O

He could equally point to the fact that Cork were in 5 of the last 6 u20/u21 All Ireland hurling finals and have won 3. As for football, Cork success has been reasonable at underage level also. The transition to senior is the problem in both codes which isn't the fault of Rebel Og or the...
  8. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It's a pity Shane Kingston from Ballinora isn't on the league panel. I think he's a really good promising defender. I like that he's an aggressive defender first and a (fine) hurler second. I'd have him on the panel for development similar to Mullins, as he's from a junior club and probably...
  9. O

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

A big performance from Colin O Brien there in the last quarter. He put in some big hits and nailed a tough free against the wind. Fair play to him
  10. O

Cork u20 Football 2024

I'm very pro club in these situations normally but we are in the inter county season technically...so I can see both pov here. I actually thought clubs would be playing these games minus IC players considering the timing of it....obviously not.
  11. O

Immigration Thread

Maybe the immigrants will think home isn't so bad after spending a few weeks in Drogheda
  12. O

St.Valentine's Day

Pizza looks great
  13. O

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Farcical to think 7 of those lads who are u18 will be stuck playing junior for their clubs this year and not first team hurling. An idiotic rule.
  14. O

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

That's the equivalent minor winning panel
  15. O

He's only got eyes for your transistor 😂
  16. O

Fair play to them. They've two very handy junior teams now and it's great to see more young lads in the area playing the game. Paul and Timmy who have put huge work into Ballyphehane over the years, are two of the soundest lads you'd ever meet.
  17. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It's a big annoyance of mine at all levels to be honest, especially at IC level. You've normally top class forwards playing inside and fellas going for hail mary attempts from out the field. Give the forwards the ball more often imo. (Not just Cork)
  18. O

It's St Colmas up to minor now yeah? I'm not sure about u21? If there's talk about doing it at swnior/adult level it would seem a bit drastic from the outside?
  19. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Forget about the comeback...the one point defeat even...the first 20 mins were a complete shambles. If the lads and management don't address this properly then we're at nothing. The lack of fight and effort in that 20 mins has to be unacceptable to any team. The pattern is the same yet...
  20. O

Welcome Palestine

That poor woman has serious issues.