Search results

1. K

Cork Footballers

I'd have moved Dwyer there. Who would would you have played there, out of interest? Clare could have won the Munster final even with O'Connor playing. Equally, they could have been comfortably beaten had Cork been more economical with their goal chances or if they did not get a soft goal just...
  2. K

Cork Camogie 2022

Looks like a decent start to the league, away wins in two tough venues. The match in KK was meant to have been v good, KK with a fair few new faces took a strong Cork side to the wire. Waterford would have been desperate to win after the AI final, so to dig out a win there is a great result...
  3. K

PROC Hurling League “Name the Winners” Competition 2024

Tipp, Limerick, Galway, KK, Cork, Clare. Thanks RnB.
  4. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

https://www.waterfordgaa.ie/sh-team-announcement/ Not much discussion of the Waterford team here. I haven't been following Davy's crew that closely so I'm not up to speed re injuries, but that looks like a pretty experimental side. Decent half-forward line, and be interesting to see how Sean...
  5. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Mixed feelings about that line-up. I'd have rathered Roche and Downey had been retained in the FB line, or failing that O'Callaghan been given a go in the corner, as I fancy him to be a stickier marker than MacCarthy. V odd to see S. Twomey not in the 26 at all, given he was at last showing what...
  6. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Could you throw up a link for that claim about the average age of new AI champions? A different poster made the same claim on here a week or two ago, but only cited two concrete examples (Clare 2013 and Limerick 2018). No mention of Galway 2017, whose average age was older.
  7. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There hasn't been a huge amount of experimentation thus far, especially compared to last year. Off the top of my head, Mullins has been the only player to make his league debut. Last year there were several. Or look at the twenty players Cork used Vs KK - only two (Eoin Roche and O'Callaghan)...
  8. K

Cork Footballers

Hard to say of course, but they had already beaten Clare in Ennis without him. Fwiw I would have selected him when he was available
  9. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Saunderson, though I'd be surprised if he gets anything more than a token start at this stage. Cunningham picked up an injury, hasn't seen any action in the league so far. Edit: Cotter. Would like to see him tried. Fair enough you might say he is too far down the pecking order, but between...
  10. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Great posts from yourself and Honda. I hope O'Brien will be given further chances, but I fear the best time to have brought him onboard may be gone. Imo he should have been training with the senior panel after his first year at Mary I, when he was their go-to forward as they reached the...
  11. K

Cork Footballers

Not sure, only able to follow on Twitter. Cork had hauled themselves level but Cavan in front deep into injury time.
  12. K

Cork Footballers

Up against it now by the sounds of it - two points and one man down. Big twenty minutes coming up.
  13. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Disagree. Cork have quite a few promising forwards but v few are as rounded as Shamie - he can take scores, win puck-outs, works v hard to hassle opposition defenders and is physical enough to stand them up. That's not to say he should be starting every game come championship, but he's...
  14. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Woeful first twenty minutes, played better thereafter but ultimately didn't deserve anything. The line-up was v odd (incidentally, a few people on here reckoned it was a dummy team, but the team started pretty much as named). I suppose if we're trying to find positives, S. Twomey and O'Connell...
  15. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Any word on how it's going? V surprised to see D. O'Sullivan named at 6, for me he's nailed on to play in the corner. Good to see Nyhan on panel as well.
  16. K

PROC Hurling League “Name the Winners” Competition 2024

Wexford, KK, Clare, Dublin, Limerick, Tipp. Thanks RnB.
  17. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm not sure if the lineup given by AllCork32 will start, but I'd certainly prefer it to the team as named. Much more physical presence around the middle of the field, better puck-out options as well. Either way, I'm happy to see E. Roche and S. Twomey start again, and O'Connell playing...
  18. K

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

MTU well beaten by NUIG earlier, 1-14 to 4-24. Joyce was listed on their teamsheet, not sure if he lined out
  19. K

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Not a bad game. Barrett with a couple of points from play, but put a penalty over the bar and put a goal chance straight at the keeper after doing all the hard work (Saunderson saved a similar effort earlier). UL look a bit ponderous, UCC the more fluent team so far and working hard.
  20. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Good post, and I like that team. But I also like RighthandofRing's suggestion to play Meade at midfield alongside O'Connell, to provide a bit more experience. Bring on Mullins at HT.