Search results

1. I

The Official Irish Rugby Thread 19/20.

Heineken Champions Cup tonight. Leinster 57 to nil vs Gloucester. Gloucester basically said they'd be putting out a 'B' team as focussing on domestic affairs. Is the competition in trouble?
  2. I

2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Correct decision re Cahalane red card. Not his form but he can have no complaints.
  3. I

The logistics of this fixture are a nightmare for Barrs. To be in top form for a 1:15pm throw in away in Ennis is going to be very hard to get right so for that reason I give the nod to the Clare champions here Regardless of who wins it, the Munster champions are coming from the other semi...
  4. I

Wuhan Wheeze

Is it just me or have our Dept. of Health via MSM advertising stopped pushing the vaccine. This time last year, every 5 mins there was an ad telling you the best way to avoid serious covid illness was to get vaccinated. Nothing this year that I can hear or see.
  5. I

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Back home next month for good.
  6. I

tesco pawn mick barry

Only €50,447 (fifty thousand, four hundred and forty seven euro) in expenses for Mick in 2021. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-how-much-in-expenses-your-local-td-claimed-in-2021-42086320.html
  7. I

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I absolutely agree with you but it certainly isn't going to catch up with them this year imo. And at this point I'd also have them as favourites for 2024. An average age of 28/29 is lads in their prime. But you're also right that maintaining that edge is the challenge, especially when most of...
  8. I

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think this is a very good, perceptive post. Unfortunately though, regardless of what we do we're still playing for second place. As is everybody else. Limerick will do 4 in a row in 2023 - for feck sake they have Peter Casey and Cian Lynch to come into last year's team. The pretenders...
  9. I

2022 Premier Intermediate hurling

Nail on the head.
  10. I

Thought the penalty was just about the right call.
  11. I

It is. But in this instance not right. Imo.
  12. I

Agree, keeper wasted a s few seconds, maybe 15. But you don't add on time for a free being awarded. No matter how you skin it, there's no way there was almost 2 and a half mins.
  13. I

Castlemartyr will be rightly livid with Colm Lyons and additional time played. Think it was 3 mins (or was it 2) that went up on the board. And we play 5 mins and 20 seconds.
  14. I

Went to Clancy on Monday for a bit of lunch and ended up on the middle of the Barrs party by pure chance. Practically rolled out of there about 7pm. Some craic. In fairness to Monty, he was throwing out free beer and food all afternoon. Have to give the Rockies great credit here - maintained a...
  15. I

On the whole divisions/colleges thing, here's a lis On the whole divisions/colleges thing, here's a list of non Cork players who sought permission at the August meeting of CCB to play county championship with UCC. The rational being if they came through the divisional/colleges section they'd...
  16. I

You're spot on. 2015 was his last year minor.
  17. I

Na Fianna, Dublin.
  18. I

Certainly surprising Imokilly couldn't find a few better penalty takers from a panel of 275.
  19. I

If I'm reading it correctly, ye missed on the the automatic semi final spot in hurling by 1 point. Given the number of dual players, that would have been dead handy.
  20. I

On hols in Costa del Somewhere and great to have the live streams to get my hurling fix. Two average games (at best) and 4 very mediocre teams on tonight's showing. Midleton deserving winners but far from impressive. But I suppose they were similar in the group stages last year and look how...