Search results

1. J

Cork Footballers

Bad game to lose - with the strength of the division this basically means we have relegation worries from the off. Dublin, Derry and even Kildare highly unlikely wins. Saying that - it's January, and today's result is no more a sign we're doomed to failure than the last few weeks were signs we...
  2. J

The Gaelic Football Thread

They probably have access to better solicitors than than the GAA themselves, so I'm sure would milk the DRA process dry by finding a fáda wasn't properly included in the order for a replay.
  3. J

At this stage, I'd imagine Crokes themselves would fancy just saying "let's have a replay". A slightly significant asterix next to the trophy.
  4. J

I don't see Glen asking for a replay. But saying that, Offaly got an AI out of a similar situation. Completely the fault of the officials. It was pointed out and they could had the free retaken and avoided this bollox. Regardless, Crokes should be given a fine proportionate to their bank balance.
  5. J

Cork Footballers

Wouldn't read much into but hopefully a sign the team are on track with conditioning and are set to hit the league in good shape. It's good to see players who've fallen out of the set up in their early 20's be given a chance to come back in after showing form at club level to merit it. A nice...
  6. J

Official World Cup 2022 Thread

As much as I enjoyed that match, I feel dirty for watching it after that spunk job by the Arabs just before the trophy being lifted.
  7. J

Morocco have a population of 37 million, and Portugal 10 million. Doesn't all come down to that. Agreed on Croatia though. Considering they've only existed as a state since the 90s they have to be considered pound for pound the best footballing nation on the planet. Would say we're probably up...
  8. J

Not sure they've had a worse loss than that. They were the better side, and the World Cup was there on a plate for them after it.
  9. J

Thinking of switching to ITV to avoid the wankfest for England being served up by Ronnie.
  10. J

Ohh. Match that Arry
  11. J

Era would have preferred the heavy weight clashes at this stage myself. We've basically got two underdogs who'll be parking the bus. Would have said something if Brazil and Portugal didn't show up, but they were just caught on the day really, they looked sensational at times over the few weeks...
  12. J

Upsets are exciting and all, but the semi finals are looking fairly shite now compared to what they could have been.
  13. J

The Action Plan for Housing.

My concern is it's 4 years too late. The actions they're looking at now will just stop residential development stopping totally and keep things ticking over at about 25k homes a year, when we need about twice that. Every year of underdelivery exasperates the problem.
  14. J

Cork Senior Football 2023

Jesus Christ....
  15. J

Where in Cork am I?

Looks like the lough in the background discreetly hidden by fog?
  16. J

I think all it shows is that Kenny Cunningham is a fucking idiot tbh.
  17. J

Cork Footballers

Rob Heffernan is on board now as performance coach. He was Chef de mission for the Olympics team in 2021 if I recall? Not exactly the coaching pedigree of a Gary Keegan, but probably one of the highest performance athletes in any sport Cork has ever produced, and pretty much entirely self...
  18. J

Marina Market to go BANG?

When you read through the reasons, it's perfectly reasonable to refuse. The quay and side roads in around it in the docks are a fucking mess with the parking, and danger issues flagged are fair. It's very unclear down there who's land you're on and where can and can't throw the car. The place...
  19. J

Chips off the Block, the KC & Son & Sons Story

Haven't gone back there since they dropped the click and collect after the COVID restrictions. Hard to justify standing around Douglas for 40 minutes. Offering around Cork is a lot better than it was 15 years ago as well, and all on deliveroo or just east.
  20. J

Motorsport 2021

Perez senior is fucking mortifying.