Search results

1. R

Cork Senior Football 2023

lads I think the loss by Clonmel yesterday proves that unless a good team is 100% clued in and on their game they can be taken out on any given day and that is what happened to Nemo also. Clearly Nemo are a much better team than they showed against Clonmel but different styles of opposition also...
  2. R

2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Lads - Rob Downey is still the most likely enforcer in our defense and by God we need at least one !! He has suffered from the really bad defensive set up Cork management have gone with over the past 2 years - I would never ever have played him at 3 because he can get turned and I know I will...
  3. R

brilliant - enjoy the celebrations lads - it’s great to see the Barrs back - for me they have always been a microcosm of the Cork team - always had hurling ability, colorful supporters, fast open team, huge traditional success but hit a famine, lacked physicality for a number of years but...
  4. R

congrats R&B, Bluesball and the other Barrs supporters on here. Such a shame that the weather ruined what was set up to be a fantastic occasion and game but the Barrs won’t care tonight. No analysis worthwhile on a game like that but what was most pleasing from a neutral perspective is the way...
  5. R

wasn’t he a selector with Davy in 2013 Imigrant when Clare won ? I don’t know much about him but heard he was very strict on timekeeping etc when he arrived in Blackrock and there were a few casualties. To be fair he inherited a very talented panel of players which is a massive help - if I am...
  6. R

congrats to R&B, Bluesball and the other Barrs supporters on here and the Rockies supporters also. I was 100% neutral today and no disrespect to either Erins Own and Newtown ( both of whom would be operating off a far smaller pick than the city clubs ) but I am absolutely delighted to see Barrs...
  7. R

exactly Hurling Fan - if they are from Cork and they are playing with a club that is not Senior by default they should be eligible . Of course they could also be originally from another county so perhaps the rule should be that they are playing championship with a Cork club that season in a...
  8. R

the beauty about this championship is that you have multiple teams that are all capable of beating each other on any given day and we are at the semi-final stage now without probably the three initial favourites in Sars, Midleton and Imokilly. In the case of Sars they blew it themselves through...
  9. R

not trying to butter up R&B and Bluesball but I am delighted to see a club like the Barrs back - there was always something very crisp about the Barrs when they were going strong - the jerseys, the sharp, fast hurling, the big names, the big crowds - I think Cork hurling will benefit hugely...
  10. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think Dunmore if we have a more dominant and physical half back line and perhaps two ball winners in the half forward line the midfield will then need lads who can win breaking ball and score from distance as well as moving the ball quickly and accurately under pressure so we might see the...
  11. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

if you look in the cold light of day Cupan at the 2022 performance you would have to say Cork had the ability to have a serious say in the championship but blew it initially through ridiculous tactics and player positioning by management ( v Limerick and Clare ) and then through wastefulness and...
  12. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

good to see the new thread lads and we should try to keep the debate and banter to hurling if we can as clogging it up with non-hurling stuff or personal stuff will only turn people off - but we must also retain a bit of good old-fashioned Cork ball-hopping for the craic . The vibes on Pat Ryan...
  13. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

interesting interview with Diarmuid O' Sullivan here - obviously things are very raw with the outgoing management team. Nash getting a bashing indirectly without mentioning his name https://www.the42.ie/cork-hurling-diarmuid-osullivan-2-5809192-Jul2022/
  14. R

Cork Footballers

that’s what I was wondering Rebel - it’s not as though every player in the top teams has been through 3 years intense S&C since they came out of U20 before they are deemed ready for senior action. Cork have some naturally light players for sure but you can carry a few if the overall team is...
  15. R

Cork Footballers

lads there is a lot of talk about Cork being 2 years behind in “conditioning”. We have a full time salaried High Performance Coach in Aidan O Connell who oversees all elite Cork S&C programmes supported by individual S&C coaches who are all well qualified. He is in place since Aug 2019 the year...
  16. R

Cork Footballers

I think Cleary was happy that his team showed that they are at least better than they have been given credit for - this team have come from rock bottom and while losing by 11 points is certainly not cause for any celebration they put up a better show than both Kildare and Meath did against...
  17. R

Cork Footballers

proud of that team today - showed they have genuine football ability - up against a great team but showed they have something genuine to build upon well done to all - kept going right to the end - rebels abu
  18. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wasn’t aware of that R&B but it’s not a huge surprise and another reason why there needs to be a change of management as it should never happen that the players feel they need to do this. I think there are a number of key boxes that absolutely need to be ticked entering into a season ie ...
  19. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

as a manager and an organizer I would think that KK would be good given his professional background but I would be concerned about how well defined the other roles were in the setup ie what was Sully’s role versus Mulcahy versus Furlong ? what was O Grady’s role ? This was KK’s responsibility as...
  20. R

Cork Footballers

spot on JF - I think if Kerry didn't bring on Moran for the last 20 mins we would have stayed closer to them for much longer without admittedly ever threatening to win the game but that in itself would have been a massive boost to the whole setup. Cleary strikes me as a very practical calm...