Search results

1. C

Derek Blighe, Mitchelstown.

I know and I wasn't implying that you do support him. Whether he is a racist or xenophobe or not as has been claimed, I do think this cohort have become more nuanced, therefore you don't get the outright fuck the niggers or foreigners anymore as racism has become far more nuanced, hence you get...
  2. C

Derek Blighe, Mitchelstown.

All charities say who they are collecting for and it is up to an individual to decide whether they want to contribute to said charity. In school we collected for concern (Africa) the travellers, the guide dog association amongst others and people saw what it said on the tin and then decided...
  3. C

Utopia for asylum seekers

That's not what you said though. You conflated the attack on her daughter with the fact the mother had not been vetted, now you could have all the vetting in the world and that could not have been predicted. Which to be honest was a pretty shitty thing to say just to further your agenda. If...
  4. C

Budget 2023

I never said they are making a loss, I'm the one who gave you their profit figures ffs!! So what exactly do you think I'm trying to claim?? I said they are making a loss on the gas and electricity they are selling at fixed prices (under the public procurement process which applies to all...
  5. C

Budget 2023

The ESB are selling them gas at last years prices, gas has increased threefold therefore they are selling to them and others on fixed rate contracts at a loss, they are not selling to us at a loss. Are you really that stupid you can't figure that out? And if you want an example of how this...
  6. C

Utopia for asylum seekers

Why do you attribute the attack to whether the perpetrator was unvetted or not? Tell me why you think vetting would have prevented it? Or did your sources tell you there is a question on the vetting form asking applicants whether they intend to stab a child or not?
  7. C

Budget 2023

I googled them, didn't go back any further as thought 4 years would be enough. Admittedly I did pluck the expected 2022 figure out of my arse based on the previous years half year results versus this years half years results.
  8. C

Budget 2023

Soundy you might want to sit down for this but the ESB are on track to make about 675 million this year so far more than 60 million a quarter. As for the question of price qouging it is probably a bit more nuanced. Below are profits for the last 4 years. 2019 616 million 2020...
  9. C

The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

I wonder are they moving back to Palestine for a bit?
  10. C

Economics Nerd Central/ The Global Inflation Thread

A 10 year mortgage rate is priced using the 10 yr interest rate swap (fixed v floating). This 10 year interest swap curve is calculated using Libor rates going out 10 years, which is totally based on future expectations. Therefore at day 1 there will be no difference in which mortgage you...
  11. C

The point I'm making is, if you walk into a bank tomorrow to get a mortgage, there will be no immediate benefit by choosing a fixed versus floating rate, as both will be priced to yield the same profit to the bank based on future interest rate expectations. Basically you are being quoted the...
  12. C

That's not how it works. The 10 yr bond rate is based off the expected average rates over 10 years (these expectations are priced into the 10 year rate, so if the BOE is expected to raise rates by 50 bps in two months time and they subsequently do and after they comment that the market is in...
  13. C

Too big to cancel.

I'm sorry to hear your investments have turned sour, hopefully it is just a temporary blip and they'll be back in the black soon enough.
  14. C

Cyclists

Would it be hyperbole John?
  15. C

Yes and all the food is first class!!
  16. C

As you seem to be unaware of it, you were lucky there were no questions on grade inflation;)
  17. C

What would that be in old money?
  18. C

Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party ??

Soundy you yourself said, you had friends from your neighbourhood and from CBC etc. The common denominator is you met a lot of these people when you were young when either you or them knew anything about each other bar ye wanted to hang out. Contrast this with the north, where basically most...
  19. C

Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

Putin also said the army were on military exercises and had no intention of invading Ukraine, how did that play out? For what's it worth I don't think he will use nuclear weapons, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some stage it becomes clear he can't win and he is looking for a way out, that a...
  20. C

Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party ??

It probably is thought at home but surely you can see it is only accentuated when groups of like minded individuals are placed together. If you are thought the other side are a bunch of pigs how will you know any better if you are kept apart in your formative years? The fact every neutral says...