Search results

1. S

Looking for memories and photographs of The Liberty Bar

I remember being in there a handful of times in the 1993-1994 timeframe. Two things I remember about it were the smoky fire (not sure if it was turf or coal) and drinking cans or flagons of cider. I also seem to remember feeling like it was falling down…which might have actually been true! 😂...
  2. S

The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Congrats! Great results, and a nice way to celebrate.
  3. S

Cyclists

In any of these I’ve seen he’s initially technically right but that’s only a part of the story. Two issues from my perspective that undermine everything: - He seems to knowingly put himself in danger, if you cycle with any regularity you’d know all about that pinch point on George’s Quay and...
  4. S

Debenhams Ireland gone bang

Nah, he will want it up rooted and moved to the north side.Shur they’ve nothing on the north side!
  5. S

Do you think cork could be independent?

You should start a website for it.
  6. S

Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Well, Boris was building a complete shit show, Liz has the boldness, vision and strength of conviction to keep that going alright. No problem to her!
  7. S

The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Best way to cook steak is on a red hot skillet. A fillet, with ome nice steak rub, a bit of olive oil on the steak itself and about 2 minutes each side and seal the edges. Job done, and the nicest you’ll have. Did this on Monday it was bang on. With my job I end up eating out frequently...
  8. S

She will make a bad situation worse, she will finish off the job of decimating the Tories which Boris has been chipping away at for ages. They will get destroyed in the next election, even if Labour put up Dustin the turkey next time out they’d beat Tories with Liz Truss in charge,
  9. S

Stuff you've never done but everyone else has

Never did J1 nor inter-railing either. I hate going to US now so the J1 bit doesn’t bother me. Years ago lived in Tower for 2 years, never been to Blarney castle, ever.
  10. S

As mentioned earlier, Tories need to be in government for this upcoming winter. I reckon that will obliterate them. Think Fianna Fail in 2008 levels of implosion.
  11. S

What is the finest building in Cork?

The inside of the AIB (Munster and Leinster Savings) Bank is pretty special I think. Worth a walk in for a peek, the details are incredible.
  12. S

TD Michael McGrath

Don’t all the threads become SF threads? I think Michael McGrath is a decent sort and genuinely in it to do the right thing.
  13. S

Pubs reopening June 29th

Looks like Neilox was a bit premature spilling the beans…or was it the sauce?
  14. S

Graham Linehan

Should it also have an additional clarification t If the idea of the additive words is to avoid someone missing out surely they are also missing another cohort? The text should women, but not those with a scrotum, and a person with a cervix. By not including the piece about women with...
  15. S

The official Cork court report thread.

He was criss crossing the airport hill that day!
  16. S

All things Cork :)

No mention of Shandon Bells, Butter Exchange, UCC grounds, Elizabeth Fort, Noel Murphy’s, Peace Park, Fitzgerald’s Park, Shakey Bridge, Munster & Leinster Savings Bank? Probably better off going to Killen Narney anyway though.
  17. S

The next crisis - starved of oil

We have only just had our normal freedoms restored and another crisis is looming coming out of the war in Ukraine. As a global population we have demonstrated we can be convinced to limit our movements with the survival of human race being what’s at stake. Here we have the next one with plans...
  18. S

It’s hard to know what the best outcome is (for UK and for the world). Michael Lambert talks through it here. If he survives we get more of his bill sh1t. And then when he does fail one of two things happen: 1. Liz Truss is put in place, and, as mentioned above, she is a Car crash of an...
  19. S

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

I know the girl. I was shocked when I hear about it this morning. I don’t know the circumstances, I was just sad to hear it.