Search results

1. H

Cyclists

This chap is a petulant lycra clad middle-aged manbaby who keeps getting in the same scenarios because he is incapable of modifying his own behaviour, and has a Twitter echo chamber validating his little tantrums. It's debatable if he has a chip on his shoulder or is just naturally a colossal...
  2. H

Cyclists

That road marking is to notify other road users that this is a cyclist cull zone so they need to speed up and turn on their window wipers.
  3. H

Cyclists

Now that John Rightobikeit Grace (information already in the public domain)is spending his time giving out about the proc on Twitter instead of out on his bicycle, both he and everyone else on the roads are a little safer.
  4. H

Cyclists

Good god. That maniac in the car beeped at him one whole time while driving meters behind him under the speed limit. That's attempted murder right there. Hopefully John Rightobikeit Grace* (*information already in the public domain) will recover from the inevitable years of PTSD this terrible...
  5. H

Cyclists

Lads on an entirely unrelated topic, does anyone know where I can buy some chlorinated chicken giblets fried in a secret mix of msg, stale garlic and rat droppings?
  6. H

Cyclists

7. H

Cyclists

This is one of the most stupid statements I have ever seen. You should get this printed on a t-shirt. Comedy gold.
  8. H

People from different counties

You're lucky one of the local men in dresses didn't take a shine to you. I have heard they use cannibalism as a form of courtship.
  9. H

People from different counties

I have yet to meet someone from Roscommon. I reckon it's a fictitious county.
  10. H

Cyclists

In the 1st video you're assuming the van driver saw him. I'm the 2nd video you're assuming the SUV driver is familiar with the law regarding passing cyclists, and will give enough space. When you are on 2 wheels never assume the guy on 4 wheels knows what he's doing, or has even noticed you.
  11. H

Cyclists

It's easy. 1st video. Big white van on his right. He's in its blind spot, doesn't slow down and nearly gets pancaked because he assumes the van is not a risk and has seen him. 2nd video. Big white SUV in the lane behind him to the right. He stays out wide of the kerb and nearly gets clipped...
  12. H

Cyclists

Ah right so Ted. He's actually a very considerate road user who is aware of all the hazards being presented, is able to predict threats and does not take any risks whatsoever. He just happens to be very unlucky a few times a week and accidentally uploads videos of these events on Twitter.
  13. H

Cyclists

Fair enough. Have you driven many motorbikes yourself?
  14. H

Cyclists

That's because he has fuck all awareness and is using a mode of transport that is frequently invisible to other road users. Considering that a motorist has to give a cyclist a meter clearance when passing and this guy tends to take a dominant lane position its no surprise he has all these near...
  15. H

Cyclists

Where did I say the driver was right? The distance from the kerb depends on the common sense and spatial awareness of the cyclist. From what is have seen in his videos he appears to have neither sufficient common sense nor spatial awareness.
  16. H

Cyclists

Absolutely, but common sense and rights are not necessarily in alignment when it comes to road safety.
  17. H

Cyclists

It's recommended that motorbikes take a position in centre the or slightly to the right of center. However on that particular stretch of road it's best to drive slightly left of centre as it's a busy stretch and this will allow space for oncoming traffic to swerve in the event there is a hazard...
  18. H

Cyclists

He's in the position a motorbike would usually take. Completely unnecessary to be that far from the kerb on the single lane stretch of road on a bicycle. The guy has no hazard awareness.
  19. H

Cyclists

Yep. His lane position is too far out from the kerb for that stretch of road. He seems to be completely taken by surprise by the car he should know is going to pass him moments after the light changes. Then he follows the car to have a wee confrontation. The guy is a fucking imbecile. No...
  20. H

Cyclists

"So the reason for this big purchase was to transport my two kids around the place, and apart from buying my house it is easily the most exciting purchase of my life." She's overselling this just a little bit.