Search results

1. C

Cork Footballers

Thought Dublin couldn’t buy a free in the first 20 minutes. Our sloppiness with hands on the back in particular has created the current 8 point gap. Paul ring is good for 5 frees a game minimum.
  2. C

Cork Footballers

We are definitely not watching the same game.
  3. C

Cork Footballers

He was an excellent corner forward. He was an average wing forward, and O Rourke carried him at u21 level. Not through any fault of Cadogan’s, he just wasn’t a hard working wing forward. He is still amongst the best 3 inside forwards in Cork club football but hasn’t played for Douglas in yonks.
  4. C

Cork Footballers

Certainly wouldn’t have been taken off if he was from Castlehaven
  5. C

Cork Footballers

You’ll have mentioned all 15 players as off the level required when half time comes if you keep going. All very slow though all the same.
  6. C

Cork Footballers

They should have done analysis on Niall McNamee too, he looks like he could score. Haven’t seen McNamara yet but I’ll take your word for it.
  7. C

Cork Footballers

I agree it’s not a bad list of players. Straight off the bat I would say: - the keeper listed has been criticised by every person on here for his kickouts. - there is no back there to mark a marquee forward, but as a 6 they are definitely better than what was out there. - midfielders listed...
  8. C

Cork Footballers

What would be your team then if those fit players were available of those on the current panel?
  9. C

Cork Footballers

Interesting to see comparisons with Stephen Kenny here. Kenny has a system he believes in, and hopefully Ricken does too. Having said that, maybe more could have been done to keep older players for this year to bring a degree of stability. O’Mahony didn’t play sigerson for UCC because he...
  10. C

Cork Footballers

Really poor is harsh. Sounds like we’ve had enough ball to cause them problems. Also sounds like Kiely is doing well, which belies belief at intercounty level for me so Ricken must be onto something. Hopefully we don’t see Grimes or Cooper at this level again.
  11. C

Cork Footballers

1-10 to 6 now and playing against the wind with a young team. Sounds like there are positives with Cronin and Hurley doing well inside, McSweeney coming on and having an impact and Johnno defying his critics here. Half back line sound like they’re getting destroyed.
  12. C

Cork Footballers

That’s the point I’m making. Why would you get rid of someone who can change a game in favour of an unknown player who doesn’t have the physical frame or gifts as Connolly straight away? Diarmuid Connolly lasted long enough under Gavin, John Small who averages 2 red cards a year has lasted...
  13. C

Cork Footballers

Connolly is the most talented footballer in Cork by a mile. His work rate isn’t huge but isn’t as bad as being said here. He can produce things that nobody else can, even Brian Hurley is more of a barrel through tackles type player. Giving Connolly a platform and cutting out his small stupid...
  14. C

Cork Footballers

And Ryan is iffy from what I understand. Amazing how the team I would pick from the county differs from the actual panel: Mark white Sean Powter Thomas Clancy billy hennessy Kevin odonovan Sean Meehan Kevin Crowley Ian Maguire Joe Grimes Forwards: I’d...
  15. C

Cork Footballers

Would you try O callaghan and Rory Maguire there? Or o callaghan and grimes.
  16. C

Cork Footballers

Thought there was more positives than a lot are saying here. Kerry were more or less at full strength for championship, albeit Clifford for Brosnan and maybe Diarmuid o Connor for micheal burns. Kerry are also years ahead of us strength and experience wise so that’s a natural factor in heavy...
  17. C

2021 County Senior Football Championship

did you read what he said..... "Aidan O'Reilly and Mick Daly two other East Cork men not living in Douglas who transferred."