Marina Market to go BANG?

It would be a huge loss to the city. Surely there is some vacant lot on the centre park road that could be sought for parking? Direct all the traffic away from Kennedy quay which would alleviate a lot of the concerns.

A market operating without planning permission to be shut down. Why would anyone of sound mind have an issue with that?
People do all sorts of shit every day without getting planning permission, and apply for retention later. It's the Irish way, and why there's an appeals process.

Not sure what the "sound mind" appeal to reason is about? It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things...it's not like they were operating a nuclear waste dump or something

People do all sorts of shit every day without getting planning permission, and apply for retention later. It's the Irish way, and why there's an appeals process.

Not sure what the "sound mind" appeal to reason is about? It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things...it's not like they were operating a nuclear waste dump or something

Obviously impacting on other businesses that operate within the law and should ave been shut down long ago. By your reasoning nobody should bother taxing their car until they get caught.

I never mentioned road tax so don't put words in my mouth, idiot. Tax your car or don't tax your car, I don't give a shit to be honest. Anyway...people do drive without tax, so what's your point? It's called risk versus reward.

But your lack of awareness as to how planning permission actually works in this country is laughable. Hit me with your next nugget of wisdom.

A market operating without planning permission to be shut down. Why would anyone of sound mind have an issue with that?

The market in question has turned an otherwise derelict building into a thriving environment for small local food businesses, craft makers, artists and so on which thousands of people enjoy and utilize on a daily basis.
Laws are not handed down by some divine creature, they are man made and can therefore be adjusted and reconsidered as logic and reason dictate.
How anyone of sound mind could have an issue with a bit of common sense prevailing here is beyond me.

If they get planning permission then they’ll be able to object to adjacent developments in the future. And I know, anyone can object.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Aidan Killian - Comedian
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼