2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I wo

Worked around the Lough/Glasheen/Wilton area about 15 years back, I was told Cunningham was from a house across the road from Earlwood/Brookfield Park by Healy's shop (hardly a pucand Slocum was from Summerstown (couldn't get much closer to the Barrs).

Thing is though that GAA "territory" is along old parish lines as far as I know. You could be geographically closer to the clubhouse/pitch of one club but in the "territory" of another. All a bit mental if you ask me, and certainly it should be a factor in reducing the draconian 98 week compulsory lay-off if someone wants to transfer their club in Cork (a lot of counties don't have the "club rule" that in Cork has seen some great talent lost to the game and terrible punishment inflicted on youngsters).

🤔
Glasheen/Summerstown used to be a "no mans land" between Barrs and Bishopstown in the 1970/80s. Maybe that's changed since then, I honestly don't know.
Johnny Crowley lived with his family in Wilton Gardens around the corner from JBM in Laburnum Lawn. The former chose Bishopstown the latter chose Barrs.
I would like to state clearly and unequivocally that I have never agreed with the parish rule. It's an amateur game and young players should be free to go to the club of their choice. The Barrs players from the Bishopstown area probably knew that the Barrs were a better club when they joined. I've no axe to grind over this. Fair play to them for showing ambition and enduring possible "fallout" from Bishopstown people.
These are my thoughts on the matter which I don't think need expressing with any further clarity.😉

Fairly sure, if the club flags are anything to go by, that Barrs Bishopstown "border" is that little stream between Flannery's Pub and St Finbarr's graveyard. Which I think would put Summerstown bizarrely in Bishopstown GAA catchment area - though maybe that was some B'town guys having some bants with club colours.

Fairly sure, if the club flags are anything to go by, that Barrs Bishopstown "border" is that little stream between Flannery's Pub and St Finbarr's graveyard. Which I think would put Summerstown bizarrely in Bishopstown GAA catchment area - though maybe that was some B'town guys having some bants with club colours.
Don’t even start me on that one, disgraceful that they passed the Wilton roundabout and into a Barrs stronghold, typical of the fuckers, thankfully they haven’t had a chance in 10 years now though 🤣

Thing is though that GAA "territory" is along old parish lines as far as I know. You could be geographically closer to the clubhouse/pitch of one club but in the "territory" of another. All a bit mental if you ask me, and certainly it should be a factor in reducing the draconian 98 week compulsory lay-off if someone wants to transfer their club in Cork (a lot of counties don't have the "club rule" that in Cork has seen some great talent lost to the game and terrible punishment inflicted on youngsters).
No 98 week rule for transferring in city from club to club.

Cusack park is not a tight pitch, it might not be in the best shape in 4 weeks time but bring it on!
Cuasack Park is the biggest GAA pitch around. It doesn't seem it with the crowd in on top of you.

The field in Ennis is literally the maximum size allowed for a GAA pitch - 145 metres long and 90 across.

To compare, Páirc Uí Rinn is 144 metres long and 88 metres wide

Cuasack Park is the biggest GAA pitch around. It doesn't seem it with the crowd in on top of you.

The field in Ennis is literally the maximum size allowed for a GAA pitch - 145 metres long and 90 across.

To compare, Páirc Uí Rinn is 144 metres long and 88 metres wide
Anybody who listens to the Dalo podcast will know this, it comes up everytime there's a big match up there 😀.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kisses, Juozas (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼