2022 Premier Senior Hurling

You clearly have an inability to understand the point.

I'm sure it means a lot to Séamus Harnedy who got to play and win on the biggest day in hurling in Cork, which he would never had got the chance for his club.
So what? There’s thousands of players who never get to play in a county senior final because their team isn’t good enough, that’s life, Ronan Curran never played in a senior hurling county final, should the Barrs have been allowed play a few county players to help him get to experience the day? 🙄

a 20 year old wants to play, there’s a shocker! Doesn’t make it right though

I hope he does play Sunday, it’s his club

It doesn't make it right that a 20 year old wants to play? A 20 year old is an adult and is capable of making his own decisions. If any player is willing to turn out for his division then whats the issue?

I'm not sure its the burnout issue you have a problem with at all. Its the divisional thing you have the problem with.

It doesn't make it right that a 20 year old wants to play? A 20 year old is an adult and is capable of making his own decisions. If any player is willing to turn out for his division then whats the issue?

I'm not sure its the burnout issue you have a problem with at all. Its the divisional thing you have the problem with.
Players should be only left play county championship with one team, their club

Why must there be something worthwhile to play for?
Lets say why not also have a separate City, East Cork, North Cork etc hurling championship, for all Premier Senior & Senior A teams and maybe even Premier Intermediate teams if needed.

Why not let the City / Seandun be a Test case for this and see if all players / managers and as importantly supporters give full support to this championship. Championship teams without there inter-county players.

St Finbarrs, Blackrock, Glen, Douglas, Bishopstown. Na Piarsaigh to fight it out in proper championship battles.

Lets say why not also have a separate City, East Cork, North Cork etc hurling championship, for all Premier Senior & Senior A teams and maybe even Premier Intermediate teams if needed.

Why not let the City / Seandun be a Test case for this and see if all players / managers and as importantly supporters give full support to this championship. Championship teams without there inter-county players.

St Finbarrs, Blackrock, Glen, Douglas, Bishopstown. Na Piarsaigh to fight it out in proper championship battles.
Would definitely be an interesting concept. Similar to what they have in Tipp, where they play these regional championships off before the county championship.

The City championship would look like
Glen
Barrs
Douglas
Rockies
Na Piarsaigh
Bishopstown
Blarney (Not enough teams for a Muskerry Championship)

East Cork Championship
Sars
Midleton
Erins Own
Carrigtwohill
Bride Rovers
Fr O Neills
Killeagh
Cloyne

North Cork Championship (Avondhu and Duhallow)
Kanturk
Ballyhea
Newtown
Charleville
Mallow
Fermoy

West Cork Championship (Carbery and Carrigdhoun)
Newcestown
Courcey Rovers
There would be a lack of clubs for a proper West Cork Championship unless you added Premier Intermediate clubs like Ballinhassig, Valleys and Bandon.

Would make for an exciting mini championship, however I never see this happening in Cork. The club championship is already too hectic with clubs participating in both codes.

So what? There’s thousands of players who never get to play in a county senior final because their team isn’t good enough, that’s life, Ronan Curran never played in a senior hurling county final, should the Barrs have been allowed play a few county players to help him get to experience the day? 🙄
He got to compete at the highest club level.

With our current system, every player that is good enough has the chance to play at the highest level, that other counties don't have.
I see that as a positive rather than a negative.

He got to compete at the highest club level.

With our current system, every player that is good enough has the chance to play at the highest level, that other counties don't have.
I see that as a positive rather than a negative.
Then let them play with their division in the senior championship but they cannot play with their club in championship as well

Why would St Finbarrrs not be allowed play in the county championship? 😀

Why must there be something worthwhile to play for? Do they not get that playing Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship Quarter Finals with their clubs the day before?
Of course players have their own competitions with their different clubs and every single player has the ambition to win that competition, or else why bother?

I wasnt suggesting the Barrs wouldn't be allowed to play, I was asking what their players motivation be if they weren't.
You suggested that divional players should want to play even if they were not allowed in the championship.

Of course players have their own competitions with their different clubs and every single player has the ambition to win that competition, or else why bother?

I wasnt suggesting the Barrs wouldn't be allowed to play, I was asking what their players motivation be if they weren't.
You suggested that divional players should want to play even if they were not allowed in the championship.
The Barrs are a club, the divisions are not, if the divisions didn’t exist all players would still be playing with their clubs.

Divisions an outdated concept now that all players get regular competitive games and a fantastic championship system with their clubs

I suggested divisional players should play in a divisionsional championship played in May June and July, or if someone wants to play in the senior county championship with their division then they cannot play with their club in championship in the same year

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom (The Bear) O Mahony Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

13th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼