2022 Premier Senior Hurling

The game last night was a credit to both teams.
As a neutral I look for county players. Only the Downeys looked the part from the Glen.
A dilemma for the selectors is that 6 is the best position for Robert, TOM and Ciaran Joyce. Maybe move Tim to midfield and Robert to 5. A halfback line of RD, CJ and either Eoin Downey or Daire O’Leary would be formidable.
We don’t have the same options in the fullback line but the Newtown lads were the type of sticky backs we need with maybe Jamie Burns at 3.
Newtown were very well coached and as well as Tim and the fullback line the pace, power and accuracy of Cormac O’Brien was impressive.
Finally a good word for “big” keepers: James Bowles was very competent.

Its been a great championship so far , only bodes well for Cork hurling going forward. Anybody left now will think they have a great chance. Fair play to Newtown for getting this far. Tomorrow now will be another nail bighter id say. Got a ticket for it and looking forward to seeing the 4 teams. This is what its all about in my view club championship. I feel theyll be a great buzz down the pairc tomorrow.

Standard was v poor last night. Glen paying the price for the not bringing through younger players off v strong minor sides. Bringing in a near 40 yr defender is embarrassing. Did young Downey ever play in attack before?CO'B played well but Glen midfield are woefull. Please let EOs and Newtown be on the opposite semifinals, a final involving either would be a whitewash.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼